- The matching period will begin on September 12, 2016 at 12:00 EDT and continue through October 10, 2016 at 23:59 EDT, or until funds are depleted.
- There are $100,000 matching funds available in total from proceeds collected from the sale of Animal Planet and R.O.A.R. consumer products.
- Only the projects on the R.O.A.R. Leaderboard are eligible for matching funds and/or participation in the campaign.
- Matching funds are limited to $5,000 per donor per project.
- A donor may give up to $5,000 to any eligible projects during the campaign and have his/her donation matched for each project.
- If a donor gives more than $5,000 to any eligible project, only the first $5,000 will be matched.
- A project cannot receive more than 50% of the total $100,000 of matching funds.
- In addition to the matching funds, participating projects will be eligible for the following prizes:
- $4,000 for the project with the highest dollar amount raised between September 12, 2016 at 12:00 EDT and October 10, 2016 at 23:59 EDT.
- $4,000 for the project with the highest number of unique donors between September 12, 2016 at 12:00 EDT and October 10, 2016 at 23:59 EDT.
- $4,000 for the project driving the most traffic to the campaign between September 12, 2016 at 12:00 EDT and October 10, 2016 at 23:59 EDT.
- $4,000 for the “Loudest R.O.A.R.” (Judges’ choice for overall participation and efforts.)
- $4,000 for the “Fan Favorite,” as determined by consumers via a poll implemented by Animal Planet onwww.animalplanet.com/roar between September 12, 2016 at 12:00 EDT and October 10, 2016 at 23:59 EDT.
- We will update the R.O.A.R. Leaderboard with real time ranking for applicable prizes (highest dollar amount raised and highest number of unique donors), and the remaining prizes (most traffic driven, Loudest R.O.A.R., and Fan Favorite) will be applied after the matching period closes.
- Online donations will be accepted from September 12, 2016 at 12:00 EDT to October 10, 2016 at 23:59 EDT.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donors can donate by check, however, check donations will not be eligible for matching funds due to the time lag in receiving and depositing funds via check. Donations made by text-to-give are not eligible.
- Online donations made using PayPal or credit card must be made by the PayPal account or credit card holder. Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Donations made on globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Benevity are not eligible for matching.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this offer.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on globalgiving.org can only be claimed as a tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee. Fulfillment fees associated with R.O.A.R. matching funds will be 10% instead.
- Please note that GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the adjudication of unique donors and final results of the R.O.A.R. Challenge.
Still have questions? Please contact Angela Wu at
View full campaign details ROAR 2016