Ms.Selvalakshmi is a widow beneficiary
01. Project Name : Help young widow women toward dignity life
02. Duration of the project : 3 months
03. Implementing organisation : ROSI FOUNDATION, India
04. Project Area : Pudukkottai and Nagapattinam districts in Tamil Nadu state, India
05. Brief Description :
ROSI FOUNDATION is providing skill training, sewing machine, rights and other welfare activities for widow women. It reduces poverty, sex abuse, isolation of community and working place issues and risk of children education break.
06. Activities :
a. Tailoring training centre : Another 25 widow women have completed training on Garments making on cutting, stitching, embroidering, cloth fabrication and marketing. Another batch is starting training for six months duration. They are in need of Input provision.
b. Input provision - Three widow’s women have got sewing machines and accessories. They are involving in the business and earning. Daily they are earning $3.0 by the business and will increase to $5 in the next months. So they will earn $5/day. The amount is sufficient to survive and other needs.
07. Success story: Mrs.Selvalakshmi was with tragedy life after her husband. Her life and children care were questionable. Further she was facing torture by sex abuse and caste discrimination in the working place. In this condition, she requested ROSI FOUNDATION for supporting. In your fund, we gave training and free sewing machine. Now she is earning $2.5 and free of working place violence. She is running her family without hunger. She is as confidence that she can earn more in future by the business.
08. Conclusion : ROSI FOUNDATION is thanking to Global Giving Foundation as first and then to all donors of the project. The trainer, staff and volunteers are another people involved in this project are thanked.