Reaching Out to Many More
By Chanda Lama, Co- Project Manager
Namaste, A warm greeting from Nepal
Besides Our regular hospital operation, we are now rapidly increasing our Outreach Activities by reaching in different communities with various health awareness programs and mini health camps. The month of June, July and August have been very progressive.
- DCWC Community Hospital conducted a Free General Health Camp on August 9th at Dutti, Approx 2 hours walk distance from hospital at Shree Kalika Malika Primary School and treated 86 Patients. Our 2 Medical staffs and a manager went with few medicines to conduct this camp.
- 4 Medical staffs and a manager from the hospital went by foot approx 1.5 hours to Punditar, Doramba along with sugar testing kits to conduct a Free Blood Sugar Testing on July 5th and served 32 Patients at Shree Antarastriya Yuwa Barsa Secondary School and they also held an awareness class on this topic.
- Outreach Educator and 2 other staffs went to Shree Kallabari Secondary School, 5 hrs walk from hospital with Eco friendly Sanitary pads and distributed to 53 teenagers students and conducted a hygiene class. Similarly we have distributed sanitary pads to 52 teenagers at Shree Suryadhaya Secondary School, Wangthali after walking 3 hrs from our hospital.
- 6 volunteers from France, as a part of a University graduation came to Rajbash Hospital and went to 3 different schools to teach personal health and hygiene with or outreach educator and distributed Soaps, Toothbrushes and toothpastes to numbers of Students listed below.
1. Shree Buddha Himalayan Secondary, Majpheda,2 hrs walk from hospital, 69 students participated. . 2. Shree Kallabari Secondary, Kallabari, 5 hrs walk from hospital, 95 students participated. . 3.ShreeSuryadhaya Secondary, Wangthali, 3 hrs walk from hospital, 36 students participated.
Besides these lots of Health awareness conduct in different communities on Jaundice, Mumps, Enteric fever, Typhoid, URTI, Tuberculosis and Water Purification which helps to prevent being sick on monsoon season in Nepal.
We have just built a waste burner down the road to manage the waste and keep the environment healthy for villagers.
Mini renovations at hospital premises have taken place in the month of July and August with the help of France volunteers.
- 6 volunteers from France from different faculties went to Rajbash to teach about the important of environment and plantation and also supported with gardening tools and did some plantation at Hospital premises.
- Another 5 Engineering Students from France help to repair and mention the fences and Flage poles at hospital.
We are very grateful to all of you for your financial support to continue our services for the rural communities of Nepal and please keep supporting us to save many lives in upcoming days.