Pregnant worker at a communications session
Phase 3 of the project (2019) was officially kicked off on May 21st, 2019 at the workers' culture house in Khai Quang Industrial Park, Vinh Yen district, Vinh Phuc province. The Trade Union level directly participated in coordinating with For Vietnamese Stature Foundation to implement the third phase of this project is Vinh Phuc Industrial Zones’ Trade Union. The location of the project is Khai Quang, Binh Xuyen and Ba Thien industrial parks in Vinh Phuc province.
Accompanying the project, besides the two sponsors, TH Group and DKT International - Golden Choice, also has Hoa Linh Pharmaceutical Company.
In particular, in this reporting period we also receive a donation worth $194.2 from an individual sponsor through Global Giving. This personal sponsorship along with the companionship of businesses has helped us to have more resources to implement the project.
As of July 20th, 2019, we have carried out the following activities:
- Training for trade union officials and health workers on skills to provide information related to nutrition, reproductive health and mental health. The training was held on May 21st-22nd, 2019 with 40 participants.
- Mobile reproductive health examination and counseling in June 1st-2nd, 2019 for nearly 800 female workers.
- Communications for employees on reproductive health care: 8 sessions, 1.350 turns of workers.
- Communications for employees on mental health care: 5 sessions, 750 turns of workers.
- Communications for employees on nutrition care: 5 sessions, 750 turns of workers.
- Social marketing of birth control pills and condoms: We have been trying to coordinate with the parties, especially leaders and trade unions of companies to introduce social marketing program to workers. This social marketing program will help employees have access to safe and effective contraceptive methods at reasonable costs within the factory/company campus itself. This program became even more meaningful when fake and substandard contraceptives became a problem in Vietnam.
In the coming time, we will conduct two remaining communications sessions, and especially promote social marketing program for contraceptives before organizing the contest to learn knowledge and summarize the project. We hope to continue to receive the support of businesses and individuals, especially donors through Global Giving for more resources to implement this project in the next phases.
Mobile reproductive health examination
A female worker at a communications session