For Vietnamese Stature Foundation is preparing the final steps to officially launch Phase 3 of the project in May 2019.
In the area of implementation, at this stage, we selected industrial parks in Vinh Phuc province in the northwest of Hanoi. Regarding implementation partners, this year we cooperate with the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor - the highest body of the trade union system at all levels.
With the successes achieved from Phase 2 in 2018, we decided to continue to implement similar activities for the third phase - 2019. We just added a new activity that is a condom and contraceptive pills social marketing. Thus, the activities of Phase 3 will include:
- Training for trade unions and health workers on skills to provide information related to nutrition, reproductive health - safe sex and mental health.
- Communication for employees about reproductive health - safe sex, mental health (especially maternal depression) and nutrition for women of reproductive age and children in golden age.
- Social marketing of condoms and contraceptive pills (new activity).
- Counseling and mobile reproductive health examination.
- contest to learn knowledge combined with project review activities.
With these activities, the total budget we need to use is approximately 30,000 USD. This budget comes from the financial support of TH Group and DKT International/Golden Choice Co., Ltd. The rest of the budget is mobilized from the reciprocal of the factories/companies participating in the project, especially the contribution of donors through GlobalGiving.
Once again, we would like to thank the sponsors who have accompanied us in the previous two phases of the project. We look forward to continuing to receive the support and companion of sponsors in the third phase of the project.