Activities and relevant actions
16 children and adolescents are under preparation for discharge, a process that is scheduled for late 2016, according to the achievement of the goals of the individual care plan.
Psychological care processes were updated achieving progress in objectives of the Comprehensive Care Plan.
Meetings with the competent authorities were conducted, achieving recognize significant advances and limitations of children and adolescents. Generating short-term expectations.
Free expression was enhanced in children and adolescents through the proper use of the "Suggestions mailbox"
We achieved increased attention to mental health specialists, including psychology specializing in Sexual Abuse and Domestic Abuse Chronic, Psychiatry framed in monthly checks of different diagnoses of children and adolescents, psychiatric emergency service and neuropsychology. This makes the inter-institutional and interdisciplinary work is optimized.
Academic, nutritional, among other achievements.
- Children and adolescents were able to enhance their fine motor skills, through the recognition and identification of various instructional materials used in the project "Building with hands".
- It is important to highlight the interdisciplinary work, regarding the interconsultation with the area of psychiatry, psychology and neuropsychology. This provides stability to the process of each of the children with psychiatric diagnosis or some kind of requirement of the other areas involved in mental health.
- In the project "Dialoguing We are More" children and adolescents strengthened to enhance fundamental tools group living, also able to express their experiences making interesting contributions to group dynamics.
- In The audit program "Bienestarina Mas" was achieved meet all the requirements established by Colombian Family Welfare Institute, achieving a rating of 100%, highlighting the proper use of the product and the acceptance of the beneficiaries of the preparations.
- It highlighted the academic achievements of children and adolescents during the first two quarters of 2016, standing out in the educational community for the commitment and dedication with homework.
Activities with families
- Families are active through different strategies for strengthening ties, including families that are outside of the city with difficulty moving to visit their children.
- Families Actively participated in the 9 workshops scheduled by the interdisciplinary team, demonstrating commitment to the process of care for their children.
- Under the project "Health Promotion and Disease Prevention" group workshop on oral hygiene was conducted with families of children and adolescents. In addition hygiene and self-care journey was made, which contributed to further strengthening the family dynamics.
- The Individual counseling work continued, appearing as an opportunity for families to clarify their doubts regarding specific issues, promoting the effective exercise of their role with children and adolescents.
- Children and teenagers enjoyed the visits to the recreational park "Los Tamarindos", Megaludoteca, "La Ladera" and Park "Los Pies Descalzos".
- The participation of children and adolescents in the project "Building with Hands" is highlighted, where they raised awareness about the importance to recycle, through the realization of crafts, also helping care environment. In addition, they could express their emotions and enhance their initiative, imagination and artistic talents.
- In the project "Exploring the Web" and "Promotion of Reading" children and adolescents were strengthened in the proper use of social networks and reading habit strengthened.
- Children and adolescents went to the play "Window to Heaven" in theater "Matacandelas" also identified scientific inventions of Galileo Galilei.
- In The vocational project "Building with Hands" children and adolescents developed crafts to decorate the Institution on the occasion of "Children's Day", also strengthened key elements to enhance motor skills, creativity and imagination.
Testimony of Andres
Age: 11 years
Schooling: 4th grade
He joined the Corporation as Special Protection for having violated his fundamental rights.
"I had never been in such a different corporation, here we have many privileged, I like to play and study.
I have learned to fight to succeed and never give up, I must fight to the end. Dreaming help my grandmother and my family finishing my studies and getting a job, I feel happy because the corporation care and listen when I have problems with my friends"