We would like to share with you our recent accomplishments regarding the project “Give shelter to 25 homeless Colombian children”, they would be impossible without your support and compromise.
The Colombian Institute of Family Welfare (ICBF), is the entity in Colombia dedicated to protect all the families, children and adolescents. It is the organization that sets standards for all charities who work in the sector. ICBF officials visit us twice a year to check the quality of the services we offer, on April 7th we received the first visit of the year and the results were excellent.
After evaluating several variables of the service offered to the children, we obtained an overall score of 99.22%, which reflects an optimal quality in the services we provide to our beneficiaries.
“With regard to the protection of the beneficiaries, the processes of the institution are in line with the process of restoration of rights. They exceed expectations in terms of spaces, institutional dynamics, leisure and recreational activities, nutrition, and protection of children. Dialoguing with the beneficiaries, we see that they are adapted and satisfied with the institutional dynamic, motivated to continue in the process, expressive and open, reflecting the satisfactory development of skills, values and competencies at the individual and social level” (ICBF, 2014)
Here are some quantitative aspects evaluated in their visit:
- Affiliation to the Colombian health system (Sistema General de Seguridad Social en Salud): 10/10
- Medical Attention: 10/10
- Education: 10/10
- Occupational activities: 10/10
- Attention and support for families and relatives: 10/10
- Life Project: 10/10
- Participation: 10/10
- Satisfaction survey applied to beneficiaries: 10/10
- Perception of the quality of the service: 10/10
- Human resources: 10/10
- Nutritional services: 10/10
“I feel very happy in Superarse, it is my second family, it is very important as my mom, in the study I'm going very well and it is because they help me with my homework. Encounters with my family on Fridays are the best, my mom always comes with my little brothers and we are together, someday I will return to be with them but I will never forget Superarse” (Jhon Alejandro Cardona, 9 years, beneficiary)
Finally, we would like to share with you, other activities and accomplishments from this period:
• Children enjoyed recreational activities to theme parks (Parque de las aguas, Parque explora), trips to theatre and the football stadium.
• They achieved all the objectives of the first academic period, the educational institutions highlighted their effort and dedication.
• We established the annual spiritual training plan, in which 12 children will receive first communion and 9 will receive confirmation. The spiritual preparation will take place every Sunday at the headquarters of Superarse.
• The representative of governance was elected in a democratic exercise that seeks to promote the values of participation and citizenship
These results would be impossible without your constant support, it is for this reason that once again we want to sincerely thank you and invite you to continue this exiting path with us, with the dream and conviction that these children will have greater opportunities to achieve their life projects.