What Are We Up To Now?
Firstly, thank you for all your support, for those of you donating on a regular basis, to all new donors, who have complimented our work for this period.
To give you a quick update, in the past few weeks we have completed:
Summer Programming is almost over, where we were able to cater to more than 150 girls within our Generation Y Programme. They not only got opportunities to learn and grow, but your contributions assisted with food and essentials for adolescent girls, that benefited their hygiene directly.
Our just concluded Legacy Fellowship Initiative with our partner Soca Girls Rock was an awesome success, and spilt in to summer, whereby both participants were able to benefit from internships within the organisation. They both benefited from areas of focus such as: Team Work Development, Presentations Skills, Girls' Programming Structure, Project Budgeting, Project Planning, and Professional Development. We look forward to hearing more about their growth, post-internship, as they move on to furthering their education, with our support.
- Summer Internships has been great so far. We were able to cater to three (3) other adoledcent girls in the process, by providing them with paid internship opportunities, which followed similar areas of focus, as above, but also has been aiding with their financial awareness and savings plans. We are super excited to see how the remainder of summer goes and their growth in the process.
As we also continue our count down to our official 5th Anniversary celebrations, with activities being planned to champion our on-going partners, past and present, just like you, we look forward to sharing more details about what we have in store.
We have some absolutely amazing donors, like yourselves, that have held us up, and we will continue to highlight you, going in to another five (5) years of existence.
Where Are We Going?
In the last few weeks we will be starting a few initiatives, as listed below:
- We are in the process of building new partnerships with like minded organisations and individuals within the Caribbean, as we look to expand our reach to girls regionally. As more is developed, going in to 2020, we will be sure to let you know, what are some other ways you and/or your network can get involved.
- Our Podcast is aiming to be launch in October, during our 5th Anniversary Celebrations, which will give you an opportunity to listen to a few of our girls speak open and honestly about their challenges. Feel free to stay closely connected to our social media and website, for further details on its launch.
How Can You Continue To Help?
We of course, continue to welcome your collaboration and support. Some ways you can continue to get involved are:
- Spread the word with family, friends, co-workers and associates, who may have resources to offer. This may be done via social media, e-mail, direct conversation. You know them best!
- Work with us by offering your expertise, skills and experiences, that would allow us to grow and learn in fundraising, advocacy and/or any other areas required for growth.
- Become a recurring donor, if you have not done so already, where your continual support, aids with sustaining our initiatives.
- Complete a good deed each week, whether for girls or youth in general, as it adds tremendous value to their development, as we are at our optimum when we are in service to others.
As we continue throughout 2019 and building different chapters in I Am A Girl, we look forward to having you, our community, previous, current and new partners and stakeholders on board to help us learn, develop and prosper.