Reporting period: 1st March 2022 - 1st April 2022.
Shipments status: Three transports were made.
- reached the border on the 4th of March and was immediately taken over by Chernivtsi Regional Administration and they distributed it to where it was needed, especially to Kyiev
- the first truck included 22 pallets with medication and medical equipment for emergency
- reached the border on the 14th of March and went to Uzhhorod Healthcare State Department from where they deliver shipments through our President's Office
- there were 2 trucks with approx. 8 tons of supplies: from medication to emergency kits and supplies (syringes, catheters, disinfectants etc.)
- video received from Viktor Yatsyk, surgeon and advisor of Kyiv mayor, who helped us with the distribution of the medicines and supplies where they are needed the most: here
- left Bucharest on the 31st of March, arrived on the 1st of April in Ukraine and was taken over by Dunaivtsi Local Council
- there were 2 trucks with 24 pallets which include: medication, medical supplies and instruments etc.
- video received from Dunaivtsi Local Council, they helped us with the distribution of the medicines and supplies where they are needed the most: here
Total value of the shipments: approx. 450.000 euro
About Daruieste Viata / Give Life
For the past 10 years, Give Life has offered support to patients with cancer in their interaction with authorities, has modernized several oncology wings within the country (Brasov, Timisoara, Cluj, Bucuresti) and has started the biggest grassroots movement in Romania: building and equipping the First Children’s Hospital exclusively from donations. Currently, more than 350.000 individual donors and over 7.000 companies are part of the supporters of We Build a Hospital Movement.
Give Life has been extremely active during the coronavirus pandemic, building two triage modular units in Sibiu and Bucharest, the Modular Hospital 1 Elias for COVID-19 patients (2.2 mil euro investment), Modular Hospital 2 Piatra Neamt (2.7 mil euro investment) and donating protective and medical equipment to over 140 medical units from 102 cities. Cumulated, Give Life, with the support of donors and sponsors have donated 17 tons of protective equipment all around the country.