The last time we submitted a report we spoke about our primary response to the Covid-19, our plan was still in the making because we were, as many, figuring out where our support was needed.
A lot has changed since the beginning of the pandemic and now we are stronger and working harder than ever before.
We achieved a lot of goals in april:
- The activation of a hotline for psychological support for beneficiaries of our programs and their families
- We shifted our classes to fit the digital environment and started a pilot of Zoom Workshops, 11 classes of 40 minutes in total.
- We changed our social media strategy to fit a more educational view
- An alliance with Private Bank to distribute Vouchers to beneficiaries of our program
- We delivered 300 vouchers to the first group of beneficiaries, which went through a series of filters
- The activation of a fundraising campaign through social media using products of Banco General.
- Participation in the Virtual panel 'Experiences and Learnings in the Face of the Current Contingency in Latin America hosted by GlobalGiving
- We held an auction for a piece donated by Local artist Eduardo Navarro
- We participated in fundraising activities on the Gustazos and Oferta Simple websites.
And because not everything is work, we had a virtual baby shower, to celebrate a new baby in our family. We are excited and can't wait for those baby pictures!
We often hear that when you go through difficult times is when you see human nature at its finest, today we can confirm that. We are working closer than ever to achieve our goals, our board is involved in every action to support our work and our beneficiaries are showing us beautiful lessons about humility and always lending a helping hand to others.
The pandemic may have changed the world and we knew it, now we have the chance to make it more human, equal and peaceful.
Thanks to your support, we are very thankful to have the chance to keep working and do something that changes lives.