Nellai cancer care CENTER
ANNUAL REPORT- April’2019 – March’ 2020
Nellai cancer care center established in 2011 has already providing holistic cancer care services focusing on Preventive Oncology with awareness and screening camps for the poorest of poor vulnerable population. There are over 7.3 lakh bedi workers in Tirunelveli who are at risk, over 90% of them are women. NCCC has already conducted over 1494 camps, screened over 37766 people and identified over 103 cancer patients and offered treatment care services to over 545 cancer patients till March 2020.
Nellai cancer care center offers the following services-
- Preventive oncology-
a) Awareness programs.
b) Cancer screening programs
c) Laboratory services
d) Follow up clinical services.
f) Psycho-social support
- Continuum of care for cancer patients
a) Community home based care
c) Care givers motivation
d) Referral services for other complaints
e) Nutritional support
f) Palliative care.
- Special programs- 5
A total of 218 camps organized with our NGO partners and corporate partners.
Total number of Awarness and Screening camps conducted 218
- No of awareness camps 52
- Total No. of camp 270
- Total No. of persons attended Awareness programs 26688
- No. of cases Registered 6738
- No. of Screened 6738
- Total women Screened 4785
- Total Men Screened 1952
- Transgender 1
Types of Cancer screening- Oral, Breast screening and Cervix
- Total No. of Tobacco cessation – 1169 male and 206 Females, Transgender 1 were screened.1376
- Total No. of persons attended oral screening -6738
- Total No. of persons attended Breast screening -4785
- Cervical screening-PAP Smear 3859
Among the total number of screened persons, 4785 females and 1952 males were screened. Among 4785 females, PAP Smear has been taken for 3764 and
Repeat PAP Smear 95 Total= 3859
Among those 3859 PAP Smears,
v NILM – 3726 (Negative for Intraepithelial lesion or Malignancy)
v ASCUS – 20 (Atypical Squamous cell undetermined Significance)
Follow up - 9
Out Side Treated - 4
Defaulted - 7
v ASCH – 1 (Atypical Squamous cell can’t excluded High grade)
On Follow up the Treatment.
v HSIL – 2 (High Grade Squamous Intraepithelial lesion )
Follow up – 1
Defaulted – 1
v LSIL – 5 (Low Grade Squamous Intraepithelial lesion )
Follow up - 1
Not willing - 3
Defaulted - 1
v ISC – 5(Inadequate Squamous cell)
Report awaited – 23
Among these patients there were 10 CIN patients.
Total No. of CA Patients identified - 15
- Awareness cum screening in NTPL, Tuticorin
Awarness cum screening camp was conducted for 208 employees of NTPL, Tuticorin. The program was organized by the CSR and HR team of NTPL.
- Awareness cum screening Airport, Tuticorin-
Awarness cum screening camp was conducted for58 employees of Airport Tuticorin. The program was organized by the Airport Authority of India in coordination of our team..
- October Breast cancer day with Southern Railways Tirunelveli.
A weak long multimedia campaign program was organized by Nellai cancer care center in Tirunelveli in coordination with the Southern Railway Hospital attended by over Ten thousand people and screened 63 people during this camp.
A series of 6 program were organized in 3 Districts along with the 3 District collectors.
- We initiated the program with a media advocacy program on 2nd of February along with the Press club of Tirunelveli for over 60 Journalists in the collectorate. Dr. Venkat of Adyar cancer institute and Trustee of Udhavum Ullangal Mr. Santhanam highlighting the need for correct reporting.
- We had a rally cum awareness program which was conducted in Valliyur with the Valiyur social service society and Adyar cancer Hospital on 4th of February. The program was inaugurated by the collector of Tirunelveli Ms. Shipla Prabakar IAS and participated by over 500 people.
- A rally cum awareness session was conducted with Tuticorin multi social service society with the collector Mr. Sandeep Nandudari inaugurated the program and participated by over.
- A rally cum signature campaign was conducted by Nellai cancer care center and SCAD and an awareness program was conducted by Tirunelveli social service society.
- Rally cum signature campaign was conducted with the Government school in Mukkudal by Rural wellness Resource center and Nellai cancer care team along with the Bedi workers welfare hospital.
- Our team also participated in 22 awareness cum screening program organized by our NGO partners in the month for over .