When employees do good at Dell EMC, they get a chance to do good in the world. Learn more about how the global technology leader created a leading employee engagement program.
Expand Dell EMC’s existing employee recognition programs
Dell EMC, previously known as EMC, is a global leader in information technology as a service. The company employs 70,000 people worldwide and is represented by approximately 400 sales offices and with its partner network, operates in 86 countries. As a leadership company, Dell EMC understands the importance of employee engagement. Dell EMC has been recognized by the Great Place To Work Institute as a top 25 global Great Place To Work. To expand with its corporate social responsibility goals, Dell EMC wanted to:
- Provide employees with more opportunities to be engaged in its philanthropic efforts.
- Enhance its existing service anniversary recognition program and welcome new employees to the company.
- Align employee appreciation with its support of education, food, water, and disaster relief causes.
Empowering employees to give back and stay engaged
Dell EMC and GlobalGiving partnered to build custom solutions to engage employees and ensure a successful program. GlobalGiving:
- Created custom gift cards for Dell EMC employees. Each month, new hires and employees celebrating a service anniversary are sent a $25 Dell EMC-branded eCard with custom messaging and instructions for redeeming the eCard. Dell EMC provides the email addresses, design assets, and messaging, and GlobalGiving takes care of the rest.
- Built a customized Dell EMC giving page with nonprofit projects from around the world. GlobalGiving not only recommended partner organizations, but also vetted and onboarded Dell EMC-nominated organizations to be featured on a custom Dell EMC-branded landing page. The page features projects that employees can choose from when redeeming their gift cards, as well as key program statistics such as top projects and countries funded.
- Provides gift card redemption reports and employee feedback. To measure the impact of the program on employees and nonprofits around the world, GlobalGiving provides quarterly redemption reports that detail the allocations made by employees. GlobalGiving also curates feedback provided by employees as part of the giving process.
An employee engagement program with a global impact
Since the start of the program:
- More than 50,000 Dell EMC employees have redeemed more almost $2 million in eCards. Giving employees the power to choose which projects to support helped them get engaged with the program.
- Employees have supported more than 5,000 projects from 2,500 organizations in 153 countries have received funding. The program’s impact has truly been global, as employees have chosen to allocate their funds to organizations around the world in support of a wide range of project themes, from education to disaster recovery.
Here’s what one Dell EMC employee has to say about the program:
“I am really proud that [Dell] EMC has this opportunity. It is far better to make a monetary donation for a worthwhile cause than receiving a trinket. It’s wonderful to work for a company that cares about not only its employees but the world around us!”
Looking to start a gift card program? We can help.
You Can Give Kids in India Clean Water, a project supported by Dell EMC employees and managed by Splash