When you communicate with your donors, are you consistent and clear? You should be!
These 10 important nonprofit fundraising questions will help you and your team stay consistent and clear.
Write your answer to each question on a document in collaboration with your team. The activity will produce a valuable resource, which your whole team can use in marketing and fundraising. Reference it when you draft donation appeals, annual reports, newsletters, event invitations, and more.
Let’s get started!
1. What is your organization’s mission?
2. Why should donors trust your organization?
3. What can your organization offer donors in exchange for a donation?
(Ex: Regular project updates, recognition in an annual report, naming opportunities)
4. What has your organization accomplished to date?
(Ex: How many individuals have you helped? In what communities? How have you helped them?)
5. Can you share one or two stories of individuals whose lives have been changed because of your organization?
(Always seek their permission before sharing their stories.)
6. What are your organization’s goals this year?
7. Why are your goals important?
8. What would happen if your organization was not able to accomplish its goals?
9. How much money do you need from donors to accomplish your goals?
10. How can donors help other than making financial contributions?
Find exactly what you're looking for in our Learn Library by searching for specific words or phrases related to the content you need.