With aggressive mobilization activities across 75 villages, the number of students trained at the Vocational Training Centre (VTC), Muni Seva Ashram (MSA) in 2019-20 broke all records. With 494 students trained in 2019-20, VTC saw a rise of 32% increase in the number of students trained compared to last year.
Of all the students trained more than 80% of the students are placed. the remaining 20% of students usually have personal reasons for not taking up jobs after their training. Most common of these personal reasons include pursuing further education or getting married (especially for girls). Even after placement, VTC-MSA provided hand-holding and support to the students in cases of finding lodging and boarding in their city of work or switching jobs until at least one year after they finish their training.
In the Khel Mahakumbh 2019, a sports competition organized by the Government of Gujarat, 88 students of Vivekanand Vidhyalaya participated in individual sports like Running, High-jump, Hurdle Race, etc. and 123 students participated in team sports like Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Tug-of-War, etc.
Vivekanand Vidhyalaya had the following achievements at the District Level in Khel Mahakumbh 2019
Two Second prizes in 600 m Running
First and Second prizes in High Jump
Two Third prizes in the Hurdle Race
First and Second prizes in Rhythmic Yoga
First and Third prizes in Tug-of-War
All the winners got certificates and cash prizes. Of the winners, 8 students from the individual sports and 9 students of team sports (Tug-of-War) went on to the State-Level competitions.
On 19th December 2019, the Waghodia Yuvak Mandal Education Trust (Waghodia Youth Group Education Trust) organized a Science Fair at N.G. Shah Sarvajanic Vidhyalaya, Waghodia. Two students of grade 11 of Vivekanand Vidhyalaya participated in this fair with the project named ‘Nourishing the Earth with Nectar and not Poison’ focusing on the benefits of organic farming compared to farming with chemical fertilizers and pesticides. The project won the second prize and the students received certificates, a trophy, and a cash prize of Rs. 1500.
The students of Vivekanand Vidhyalaya study agriculture (focusing on organic farming) and animal husbandry as a part of their curriculum, especially as we want the students to understand and learn these rural occupations and practise them sustainably after completing their education, thus supporting their parents and reducing rural to urban migration.