1. Tanzania has a large population of 40 million, many of which are desperately poor (GDP per capita less than $600). Between 35 and 50% of the population is living in object poverty.
2. There is a significant demand for microfinance services, with less than 10% of the population having access to savings, current accounts or operating in the formal financial sector.
3. Poverty reduction can make a significant difference in this religiously diverse country that could otherwise fall prey to terrorism.
4. Opportunity’s plan is to be a national presence in Tanzania, from the capital city up to the rural Kilimanjaro mountains.
5. Join a motivated and dynamic group of young adults in their effort to improve the fate of an entire country. Young Ambassadors champion Tanzania with each communication and event.