Hector-Photography workshop at Casa de la Amistad
He is Héctor, pure stoicism, two vowels and three consonants, he is Hector, the blue of the sky, the scent of the shepherd and the freshly wet earth; He is Héctor, a haven of calm, an ecstasy of happiness, an instant perpetrated in time; He is Hector, his hands on his hands, his frank eyes, his shrill laughter, the simplicity of life, the little details; He is Hector, a life lesson for you, for me and for the world, he is resilience, strength, loyalty, courage, reminiscences, opportunities.
In Casa de la Amistad, we are very grateful for your support and wanted to share with you some of our insights:
- In Mexico we have 5,000 new cases of childhood cancer every year.
- Childhood Cancer is the leading cause of death due to illness in children among 5 to 14 years.
- In Mexico the survival rate oscillates between 30% and 60%.
In 30 years of history, Casa de la Amistad has supported:
- More than 11,500 low in-come families with child cancer.
- Currently more than 4,100 children and youth receive follow-up care.
- Currently more than 1,300 children and youth are under active and integral treatment.
Casa de la Amistad provide free-of-cost cancer medications, lodging, warm nutritional meals, groceries, clothing and educational programs to families affected by pediatric cancer. The support we provide makes oncological treatment possible and gives children their best opportunity of conquering cancer.