Actions to Take:(1). Monitor local media for updates (2). Avoid crowds(3). Keep a low profile(4) Be aware of your surroundings (5). Review your personal security plans (6). Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners (7). Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Cameroonian visa(8). Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance. We are aware that this are action steps that the local people should observe as well as several local people have become victims of violence which has resuted in local people been subjected to "Ghost Days". During "Ghost Days" we are not allowed to venture outside our homes, however with our new leadership training we are able to stay connected using the internet and zoom for meetings and personal training.
SMART GOALS and ACTION STEPS for Women Empowerment Department at BHO in Yaounde
- I want to organise and carry out a workshop program on Tuesday June 28th 2022, on the following topics:(A). Health Education (general sanitation) (B). Training on how to draft and prepare a local business plan (C). How to prepare an authentic traditional dish call “ACHU”.This workshop will go a long way to empower women and girl children, educate them on how to care for their body and their environment and also, provide them with the tools necessary to be self-employed.
- I will form a committee to which I will be working closely with
- I will get with a doctor and invite him/her to come give lectures on health education (General Sanitation).
- I will provide notes on how to draft a local business plan and submit to the board
- I will draft all the steps on how to prepare the traditional dishes and submit to the board on or before Saturday June 18th 2022.
- I will send out information to Churches, Njangi groups etc, and invite women to come and learn.
- I will send an invitation to the Cultural department of the us and Japanese embassy , etc
- I will prepare my budget and submit to the Board
- I will be submitting my reports after every action taken.
Propose plan of action
This workshop program will be carried out once every month, precisely last Tuesdays of every month. I will also propose and wish that at the end of each program, a bag of rice should be shared to the women/persons that have fully participated and as mentioned above, this workshop will go a long way to empower women and girl children, educate them on how to care for their body and their environment and also, provide them with the tools necessary to be self-employed.
Proposed budget - Requirements (1). A doctor to come teach (2). Chairs (3). Writing materials (4). Cocoyams (5). Red oil (6). Meat, (7). Canda, (8). Smoke fish (9). General ACHU spices (10) and (11). Firewood.(12) Hand washing, tooth brushes etc..
We will address question from the board to us from our presentation to include:
What is the fund raising goal for this project. (2). Will this project fit into the proposal by the Barrister? (3). Every project must have a local fundraiser goal to raise funds to help defray the cost of the project. (4). Each project should set up an account with the accountant to track the funds of the project and keep them separate. (5). Where will this project take place? (6). How many people? (7). Ages? (8). What is the total annal budget for the project?
We are excited to begin the organization of a system using SMART GOALS and ACTION STEPS to change the mindset of the women in more than our 28 villages to begin to realize that we can impact the future for women for generations to come as envisioned and expected from our leader and founding father Pa John Ticha who we honor and love and will be celebrating his "Legacy" each year as a reminder that we can become whatever we want to become with God's help. Thank you for your continued support and donations that will help us to continue our daily growth.