ICDO team with Maya women from Huay Max
First of all, ICDO wants to thank you for your trust and support in the past three months!
ICDO's project "Transforming Lives of 500 Maya Women in Mexico", as a part of a larger project "Kalan Je La'an: Following the Maya Voice" is expected to realize and to start with a Development Hub in the 4Q, 2021 as planned.
Despite COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions, ICDO team has tirelessly worked with the local partners in Quintana Roo, Mexico to:
- identify the best location for the Development Hub
- source all the required equipment
- provide Legal counselor from the area
- provide Psychological counselor from the area
- develop workshops
- source and organize transporation where needed
- develop and organize an informative campaign in order to reach the communities and inform about the opening of the Development Hub and what it has to offer
We are proud to announce that everything is proceeding as planned and the ICDO's Development Hub is expected to be in the city of Jose Maria Morelos in Quintana Roo, Mexico in a few months only.
ICDO's Development Hub will contribute to brighter future for 500 indigenous Maya girls and women, by providing them resources to continue theri education, establish and develop theri businesses, and add to theri livelihoods.
ICDO is proud to be part of this important initiative and grateful for all the support that will make this possible.
In addition, we would appreciate if you can share the project further so that we can ensure the sustainability of the project and boost opportunities for even more Maya girls and women.
Thank you for beign a part our jurney to make a positive change.