Teach For Afghanistan - Educate a Child!

by Teach for Afghanistan Organization Vetted since 2018

Summary

Teach for Afghanistan's(TAO) mission is to create a movement of collective leadership by empowering young Afghan men and women in most under-resourced schools to ensure all Afghan children have the opportunity to reach their highest potential. TAO is based in 2 Provinces, Nangarhar and Parwan, has placed 230 Fellows in 69 schools impacting +60,000 students. By Supporting Teach For Afghanistan, you will provide thousands of kids with a teacher leading them to life changing path and better future.

$20,000
total goal
$14,895
remaining
41
donors
0
monthly donors
2
months

Challenge

The education system in Afghanistan has severely been affected by decades of conflict. Out of 193,044 teachers at different levels, 43% fulfill the minimum standards of teaching and the remaining 57% lack basic qualifications. The survival rate to the last grade of primary is 58% (60% boys,54% girls) suggesting that 4 out of 10 pupils who enroll in grade 1 do not reach grade 6. Out of the 187,000 teachers in general education, only 33% are females which has resulted in less enrollment of girls.

Solution

TAO provides an opportunity to Afghanistan's most promising university graduates to serve as full-time teachers to children in the country's most under-resourced schools. The fellowship is a two-year long commitment to teach in a classroom and create a productive environment of learning. The fellowship journey develops leadership skills in Fellows by constant support and mentoring. TAO believes in decreasing the gender gap in education by inspiring more female graduates to become fellows.

Long-Term Impact

Through the two-year Fellowship program, these change makers get exposed to the grass root reality and then post the Fellowship, our Alumni work across the system in their own capacities to solve the educational inequity. Alumni work from within and outside the educational system as School Leaders, Teachers, Entrepreneurs and so to create a long term impact in education. These Alumni have strong commitment and deep belief that one day all children will attain excellent education.

Additional Documentation

This project has provided additional documentation in a PDF file (projdoc.pdf).

Resources

http:/​/​www.teachforafghanistan.org

Organization Information

Teach for Afghanistan Organization

Location: Kabul - Afghanistan
Project Leader:
Afrah Muzayen
Kabul, Afghanistan
$5,105 raised of $20,000 goal
 
44 donations
$14,895 to go
Donate Now Add Project to Favorites
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook

Help raise money for this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page for this project.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence

Snorkeler
Our
Impact

Woman Holding a Gift Card
Give
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle
GlobalGiving
Guarantee

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.