Happy beneficiary currently in training
Thank you for giving at-risk young people in Senegal a second chance to secure their future!
“Before meeting Nafi (Aspyre Africa) and finding out about this training in horticulture, I was ready to give up on life altogether. I had no hope for my future. But this training gave me back my taste for life. Thank you!!” (young single mum and former detainee)
Thanks to your continued support, we have been able to scale up our work this year, while continuing to focus on the sustainability of everything we develop.
Since our last update we have:
- Supported 20 vulnerable young people currently in horticulture training
- Developed 2 new partnerships with vocational training centres in Saint-Louis to provide more training options: car mechanics and solar energy
- Recruited 40 Koranic pupils to enrol in these training courses
- Provided all our beneficiaries with ongoing support and follow-up through the “Follow-up and Integration Office” at the CIPA centre
- Expanded our work to Dakar and developed a new partnership with a vocational training centre in Guédiawaye
As we expanded our reach, so did our team! In Saint-Louis, Mr Khalifa Thiam has come to reinforce the team, while in Dakar, Mr Abdou Kebe is our brand new Project Manager. We are very excited to have them on board!
Last but not least, we are delighted to be partnering up with the 3FPT (The Senegalese Government Fund for Vocational Training) for the new cohorts. This has been our goal from the beginning! We look forward to working together to make the vocational education system more accessible and inclusive.
As we scale up our work, so is the need to scale up our budget and our fundraising efforts:
- Making a monthly donation is the most effective way to support our work. If you would like to sign up, please click here. All new monthly donations through GlobalGiving can earn a 100% match after 4 months.
- In July, we will be participating in the GlobalGiving “Bonus Day” (July 20th), where donations over $100 will be matched.
With gratitude & warm wishes,
Savina & The Aspyre Africa Team
Training at the CIPA centre
On the job: showing off their first produce!
New partnerships & training in Saint-Louis!