Wish you a very happy and prosperous 2023 !
Our project to support Sri Lankan Hospital Urgent Medical Needs has been carried out over the past 8 months with the support of all of you. We have been able to support many requests we've received from hospitals based all over the island.
We received LKR 19.2 million so far from GlobalGiving, Go Fund Me and other donors. We have expended LKR 19 million to support requests received from the Hospitals. All donatios have been utilised (100%) towards purchase of urgent and essential medicine, utensils, equipment requested by the hospitals.
The hospitals we've supported till 31st of December 2022 have been,
1) Lady Ridgeway Hospital for Children in Colombo
2) National Hospital in Colombo
3) Apeksha Cancer Hospital in Maharagama
4) Teaching Hospital in Anuradhapura
5) General Hospital in Monaragala
6) Teaching Hospital in Karapitiya, Galle
7) Teaching Hospital in Mahamodara, Galle
8) National Hospital in Kandy
9) Elpitiya Base Hospital
10) National Blood Bank in Narahenpita, Colombo
11) Base Hospital in Nuwara-eliya
12) Teaching Hospital in Kurunegala
13) Castle Street Hospital for Women (Maternity)
14) Colombo South National
15) National Cancer Institute, Maharagama
16) National Institute of Mental Health
17) Base Hospital in Chilawathura, Mannar
Your donation has helped save lives at these hospitals.
The Consultants and the Medical Staff at all these hospitals have been very grateful for the donations the hospitals received from your funding.
May you and your family be blessed abundantly !
May all noble aspirations be fulfilled.
Firstly we wish to thank you for your generosity in supporting the hospital shortages project in Sri Lanka. Your contribution helped save lives as we were able to support many hospitals with their shortages on life saving medicine.
We raised LKR 18.6 million so far for this project with the help of you, donors from Go Fund Me platform other local and overseas donors who contributed directly to our local account.
The list of hospitals we've supported so far are as follows,
1) Lady Ridgeway Childrens' Hospital, the premier national children's hospital in Sri Lanka, located in Colombo
2) Apeksha Hospital, the largest cancer hospital in Sri Lanka located in Maharagama
3) Castle Street Hospital for Women, a maternity hospital located in Colombo
4) ENT Unit of the National Hospital in Colombo
5) Blood Bank in Colombo
6) Request from the College of Microbiologist for hospitals in Sri Lanka
7) Request from the College of Anasthesiologist for hospitals in Sri Lanka
8) District General Hospital in Nuwara-eliya
9) District General Hospital in Monaragala
10) Colombo South Teaching Hospital in Kalubowila
11) Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in Galle
12) Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital in Anuradhapura
13) Kurunegala Teaching Hospital in Kurunegala
14) Sriimavo Bandaranayaka Children's Hospital in Peradeniya
15) Divisional Hospital Silavathurai in Mannar
We still receive many requests to support hospital shortages for life-saving medicines and any continued support you are able to provide to save lives will be greately appreciated.
We are very grateful to you for your generosity at our hour of need in supporting our Government Hospitals with their shortages to save lives of those patients who are unable to support themselves financially.
May you be blessed abundantly and may all your noble aspirations be fulfilled.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.
Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.Start a Fundraiser