It's been a great year and we feel happy about the achievements made by women in rural communities. During last months, implemented actions to keep supporting families with community-based initiatives.
This is a list of the most important achievements:
The women who got benefits from the beginning are still producing eggs and selling for a better price in their communities.
There are good experiences about this project. For example, there was a woman in a community maker who said “I am selling vegetables from the seeds another person shared with me; we should keep sharing seeds and doing these type of events”
Women in El Salvador Thank you for your generous support. We together have done a lot and there is more to do.
We are working with more people!
Families are fighting against hunger in El Salvador. Everything got expensive, but people in rural communities are looking for ways to produce their own food.
One of our main goals is to share kwnoledge, so families are ready to fight against vulnerabilities.
Everything got expensive, but once families receive support from us and other organizations, the effects are less. During this period, we have been done the following actions:
- We started a new strategic planning with the participation of the beneficiaries
- There are more women have built their chicken coops
- The first beneficiaries are increasing their chickens and producing more chicken eggs
- 10 families are producing corn and combining with nitrogen fixer plants like green beans
- About 10 women participated in a worshop about organic fertilizers in our experimental area
- Other farmers have shared their experience about existing agroecologial plots where they produced their own food.
We are looking forward to do more!
Thanks to your incredible support, we are helping more women in El Salvador. This is one of the best ways to support resilience in communities.
We are not just providing materials; we are sharing knowledge and making connections between famers. Here are some numbers up until now:
- 10 Corn Plots Producing Food for more than 10 families
- 12 Chicken Coops Establised
- 1,200 Chicken Eggs Produced
- 0.5 tons of Corned Produced
- 151 Chicken Growing
- 2 workshops about managing chicken farms developed
- 22 Women trained about chicken farming
There are about 40 women working on the different programs to increase food security and support other farmers. The project is not just helping a small group; the small group is also supporting other people by selling eggs or corn at a good price.
Thanks a lot,
The Mangrove Association
Thanks to your generous support, women from the Bajo Lempa and Bahía de Jiquilisco are improving the lives of their families through various agricultural activities. Here are some of their stories:
Doña Jaqueline has started her chicken farm, in which she has made improvements to increase the production of eggs that will be consumed by her family. In addition, the surpluses may be sold in the community in order to generate extra income for the family and thus also help other people in the community with a healthy diet.
The gardens of Dona Juana and Angela continue to produce food for their families. They are working women and continue to help feed their family with the orchards. Soon they will be harvesting what they have sown and will help others to improve their diet.
These are some of the success stories thanks to your support, and we know there will be more stories to come in the next months.
Thanks to your donations, we have achieved the following:
- 10 families have started their native chicken farms to strengthen family nutrition
- 4 families are growing their own vegetables in a healthier way without using toxic chemicals
- 10 families have started planting corn, which will help feed more people in their communities
- 2 families have improved their irrigation systems for orchards and agricultural plots
We see a lot of strength in these initiatives led by women and hope to expand this work to reach even more women.
Thank you for your valuable support.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.
Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.Start a Fundraiser