| Jan 18, 2023
Strengthening Ties with Program Partners for Girls
Capacity building with Teachers in Sta. Rosa
We hope this report finds you well.
The end of the year is almost upon us and we have been working doubly hard in the past several months to continue strengthening ties with our partner orgnizations and communities as well as reaching out to other vulnerable groups in and around the major cities of Cebu. Although finding the perfect venue and time to do our various scheduled activities have been quite challenging as face-to-face classes have resumed, we are also grateful as this makes reaching out to our community partners a lot faster and easier.
In the month of October, we have conducted Safe Spaces and Community Mentorship activities which have been wonderfully received. We have also conducted leadership and youth empowerment training sessions to give our partners the necessary knowledge and skills to become better versions of themselves. In the month of November, we also organized and capacitated Community and school partners on key areas on child participation - a move that proved to be very beneficial in this time and age of having social media as a platform for individual free speech.
Below are some of our milestones in the last three months:
- 112 Adolescent Girls completed the Community Mentorship Sessions with topics on Personality Development, Adolescent Reproductive Health, and Mental Health for Young People
- 51 Adolescent Girls who will be the next Girls Got This Champions and future mentors underwent Leadership and Youth Empowerment Training
- Call Center Training started its first session under Employability Pathway in Sambag 1, Cebu City
- Capacitated 98 school and community partners on Key Areas on Child Protection to 8 different communities and schools
- Conducted Mental Health Awareness Session to 115 adolescent girls in Talisay and Mandaue during the Children’s Month Celebration
What’s Next and Why?
To deepen the impact of the Girls Got This Program from the 2022 Project, the adolescent girls and young women will undergo leadership and youth empowerment tracks, and 3-Pathway Program: Hospitality and Operations Management Pathway, Entrepreneurship Pathway, and Digital Pathway with the overall goal of equipping them with various technical and soft skills. The skills they will learn under the different pathways will prepare them for the world of work, while also ensuring their school, community and youth mentors are capacitated in addressing their issues and concerns.
Ending 2022 will surely be a memorable year to date for these adolescent girls and young women for you have been with them throughout their journey. Here are some more details of these girls' achievement.
Parents on Positive Discipline Workshop
Leadership and Youth Empowerment Session
Mock Interview Session with Young Women
One of the Call Center Training Exercises