Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia

by Angkor Buddhist Organization
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Shaping Stronger Futures for 200 kids in Cambodia
Sep 4, 2021

September 2021 - Fundraising, Rice and Chickens.

Garden Program
Garden Program

Overall fundraising for ABO School continues to be slow, primarily due to the COVID pandemic. Schools in Siem Reap remain closed to students, including ABO School. As the borders remain closed to foreigners and no tourists, businesses have sustained substantial financial and social hardship.

Nevertheless, ABO is still open and helping the community. The school recently received 1000 KG of rice from donors in Phnom Penh.  The school will provide 70% of the rice to the poorest in the community and will keep the remaining 30% for the school.

With the closing of the borders, Cambodia went from millions of visitors to virtually none. Most jobs in the tourism sector vanished. Lots of parents depended on some or all income coming from this sector. The teachers in the school realized that urgent action was needed. Almost immediately, they started the vegetable garden on the school's grounds, fully constructed by the teachers and pupils. This project also doubled as a "skill development in agriculture program" for the students.

Bopha and Sayouen (founders of  ABO) started a Chicken Coop for sustainability. As the Coop grew and the stock increased, the school began to provide 3 hens and one rooster to students' families. To date, we have six sets out with six families. Plans are ongoing to extend this program out to more local families.

 

We are working closely with supporters across the globe to establishing an Australian NGO to support the school's fundraising activities. The goal is to have this entity set up by the end of the year.

 

Your financial support continues to contribute toward making all of this possible, and we thank you for caring and assisting in shaping a stronger future for students at ABO school.

Supporting our villagers
Supporting our villagers
1000 kg of rice
1000 kg of rice

Links:

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
Comments:

About Project Reports

Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.

Get Reports via Email

We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.

Organization Information

Angkor Buddhist Organization

Location: Siem Reap - Cambodia
Website:
Facebook: Facebook Page
Project Leader:
Jeanine Lumsden
Siem Reap, Cambodia
$3,137 raised of $28,160 goal
 
41 donations
$25,023 to go
Donate Now
lock
Donating through GlobalGiving is safe, secure, and easy with many payment options to choose from. View other ways to donate

Angkor Buddhist Organization has earned this recognition on GlobalGiving:

Help raise money!

Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence

Snorkeler
Our
Impact

Woman Holding a Gift Card
Give
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle
GlobalGiving
Guarantee

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.