Safeguard China's Coastline-Beach Investigation

by Shanghai Rendu Ocean NPO Development Centre
Safeguard China's Coastline-Beach Investigation


Marine litter has been a global issue, and getting worse in recent years. In this project, we will make surveys along China coastline on the category, quantity and sources of litters on the beach, and estimate its change trend. The research report can help the public, the national and regional authority to realize serious situation, and make efforts together to protect marine environment.

total raised
monthly donors


China mainland coastline is about 18000 km, a conservative estimate of the coastline that regularly cleaned is only 629 km, which is only 3.49% of the total. The rest 96.51% we seldom take care, of which a large part of the beach we even know nothing about the marine litter status. What is the situation of China's distribution on marine litter? What exactly is the marine litter be composed of, and where it could be from?


Survey on China coastline will help to understand the overall marine litter distribution status. Thru collecting and analyzing trash data in many surveys on different locations, the bi-monthly and annual report will help the public, the institute, the authority be noticed of the marine litter situation, also can support marine environment protection policy making properly.

Long-Term Impact

The project will contribute to reduction of marine litter, lead to a more eco-friendly lifestyle, return a clean ocean, and keep the balance of marine ecology.


Important Notice about Projects in China

The Government of People’s Republic of China has implemented new regulations for foreign NGOs operating in China. GlobalGiving must receive Government approval before we can disburse funds to organizations registered in Mainland China. This means that the disbursement of your donation to this project may be slightly delayed while we obtain the appropriate approval.

Organization Information

Shanghai Rendu Ocean NPO Development Centre

Location: Shanghai - China
Project Leader:
Shanghai , Shanghai China

Funded Project!

Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.

Still want to help?

Support another project run by Shanghai Rendu Ocean NPO Development Centre that needs your help, such as:

Find a Project

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence


Woman Holding a Gift Card
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle

Get incredible stories, promotions, and matching offers in your inbox

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.