Each Girl Deserves a Better Tomorrow.
She makes the world bright, but still struggles to see light.
Rescue foundation was established to accelerate the progress on meeting needs of survivors. While rehabilitation we stand behind survivors equal participation in all aspects of their lives, focusing on five priority areas: enhance knowledge by providing formal and informal education, help them to upgrade their healthy, increase strength to face the world with legal aid program, self-realization and actualization by counseling and build a new confidence and economically sustainability by vocational training and providing jobs.
Our three protective homes is an actual home for them where they grow, achieve energy and strength to cope and face with the world. We not only help them to learn how to face and fight under critical circumstances but also we they learn how to nurture own self and live in harmony hence after.
Besides Challenge of identification of our investigators in the brothel or Attacks of perpetrators on us, we are still optimistic toward any risk to save innocent lives from the clutches of evil. It also strengthen us to develop more and more effective strategies to attain our goal of rendering humanitarian lives to more and more girls and help them regain their human rights.
With best regards,
President, Rescue Foundation
Mission: to prevent and protect children and young adults from trafficking for sexual exploitation, our mission is to reinstate human rights to victims of human trafficking, trafficked from Bangladesh, Nepal and India who are sexually abused and are sold for forced prostitution.
Rescue, Rehabilitation and Repatriation of victim girls/women/children of Human Trafficking who are sold for forced prostitution.
- Investigation and Identification.
- Health care.
- Legal aid.
- Vocational training.
- Psycho-social training.
Currently Rescue Foundation has a Staff of about 85 members, including the president, a Project Executive, Advocates, Probation Officers, Counselors, Doctors and other administrative staff.
The beneficiaries are girls /women /children who are victims of Human Trafficking and are sold for forced prostitution. They have lost all faith on mankind due to the physical & mental Torture in the Brothels as well as intricate brain wash. They are underprivileged and most of them are illiterate.
Statistics from 3rd September to 26th November 2016:
Number of Investigations: 56
Number of Rescue Raids: 09
Number of Rescued Girls: 63
Admitted to our Three Home (includes victim transferred from government homes / or by police): 52
Repatriation of Victims (handover to Parents or Native Ngo): 41+2 (Child)
Total Number of Girls Provided with Medical treatment/Checkups:
- General Check up : 51
- T. B Check up : 19
- S.T.I (sexually transmitted Infection) : 12
- H.I.V : 01
- Hospital Visit : 27
Total no. of girls provided Vocational Training are as under:
- Informal Education :61
- Yoga class : 69
- Craft & Painting : 24
- Tailoring class : 16
- Beauty Parlor : 21
- Computer class : 22
Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha. During the Ganesh Chaturthi festival, idols are made in great numbers. These are usually made out of clay or metal in all sizes; People purchase deities of Lord Ganesha and put them in their homes and worship them for one to ten days. After this the deities are taken out majestically, through the streets and are immersed into a river, sea or a well (especially in Maharashtra). Cultural feasts are also organized with main features like classical music and dance performances, folk dances, poetry recitations and film festivals.
As Rescue Foundation rescues many Muslim girls trafficked from Bangladesh, in keeping with our belief of equal treatment for all religions, we celebrated EId festival for all girls at our three homes. Girls of all religions participated in the festival joyfully where the sumptuous Special meal was served with all girls hugging and wishing well for each other. It is very satisfying to know that all girls of any religion happily participate in all religious festivals irrespective of their individual religion. The only region for Rescue Foundation is ‘humanity’.
October was a month of festivals. On 1st October, we celebrated ‘Navratri’, a nine day celebration with devotion and prayers to Goddess Durga, the Goddess of success and destruction of evil. At all the RF shelter Homes the entire environment was full of devotion, truth, peace and comradeship. It also involved dancing and chanting devotional songs.
- Rescue Foundation has conducted Aadhar Card Camp at Boisar shelter Home for the survivors, By the help of UADAI Officers, altogether 48 Survivors from INDIA will be Benefited by this camp, survivors will now have a Complete Identity Documents in the form of AADHAR Card, which will have their Date of Birth, Photo & Address proof, This will enable many survivors to attain many Government Benefits & will establish their Identity when & where needed.
- All three existing homes of Rescue Foundation have MBBS Doctors employed for checking all girls. Some of the girls are HIV positive. We provide them expert consultation and special medicines. Some of the girls have problems with their vision. We do not have in-house facilities to treat eyes. We therefore arrange eye camps for the girls at all our homes. Recently Rescue Foundation arranged an Eye camp at Mumbai where 91 girls and 3 staff members were treated. Such eye camps are very necessary as we continuously get inflow of new girls rescued from commercial sexual exploitation.
- On Dt. 12th Sep, 2016 a group of Catholic Church visited our girls. Father from Talasari church, sisters from Mother Teresa Charity convent also had joined them. Our 120 girls participated on the day, they conducted some street plays six groups were done and each group was given one social issues to enact and girls could prepare it within 10-15 minutes and performance, with that girls enjoyed it thoroughly.
- On 19.10.2016, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT) Group Counseling Session completed. It arranged with the help of our Partner NGO. It has 6 Months duration and 20 girls attended the said session in two batches. On last day certificated were distributed for the girls.
- 22 girls completed basic computer course. Knowledge about use of computers is very necessary for any business or industry, hence many girls are interested in learning computer. We encourage girls to acquire computer skill to enable them to find jobs.
- 15 girls completed English speaking course. Most of all business needs discussion and interaction in English. At least, speaking in English is basically essential.
- Some girls completed diary & folder making course. Making stationary items helps reduce expenses in office and gives an opportunity to girls to learn crafts.
- On 25.10.2016, Spreading Smile Group arranged an entertainment programme for girls who consisted of Charley Chaplin show, some entertainment games etc. They also sponsored Lunch for the girls on same day
- A batch of 10 girls were trained to produced various items like vanity bag, purse, mobile covers etc. which was very much appreciated by girls as they said that they can make a living by producing and marketing them where they live after repatriation.
Delhi has a very large influx of minor and major girls trafficked from Nepal, Bangladesh and other parts of India. Delhi, which is Capital of India. A large number of tourists are visiting Delhi. Hence there is good demand of visitors, migrants and local people for sex tourism. This has presented an opportunity to perpetrators to supply minor girls trafficked from other areas, we have now started only investigation & rescue activities at Delhi on a moderate scale to begin with. We are in need to establish a protective home at Delhi as the condition and facilities in Government Homes are not good.
We shall also appreciate your recommending Rescue Foundation to other donors in U.S.A and abroad to strengthen our fund raising efforts.
We request that you kindly visit us. Your visit will enable you to assess our Progress first hand and visualize the opportunities Rescue Foundation has for achieving an enviable position in the field of anti human trafficking and forced prostitution.
Festival Celebration Ganesh Chaturthi
Festival of Navratri
Aadhar Card Camp at Boisar shelter Home
eye check camp
Father & sisters from Talasari church.
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
English speaking course.
Spreading Smile NGO arranged entertainment program