Recovery Care center Boisar
Dear Supporters & Well-Wishers,
Tremendous efforts lead to favorable outcomes when we deal with any situation in anhumanitarian way. In 20 years of life I have seen many ups and downs with Rescue Foundation but every time you were there to hold my hand. Since years we are together observing, sharing girl’s joy, happiness.
Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable. Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. We have within us the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Rescue Foundation as an organization is a home of transformation of many lives. Girls changed their lives and moved towards happiness due to your admiring support.
Earnest thanks to you for supporting us. Together we have formed solitude to achieve Human Rights. Nevertheless encountering day-to-day challenges were not easy as we had to put our lives in danger to achieve the goal. At the same time, your valued contribution has made achievement of goal possible. Seeing smile and love on the faces of these tormented girls, all of us feel that our efforts have been rewarded well.
Our combined efforts of providing more resources and enlarging our endeavors in various different parts of our huge country shall make it possible for more girls to regain their dignity.
Yes we want to see smile, happiness, satisfaction and total change in lives of these unfortunate girls and children. For achieving such result we shall work in collective and effective way.
On one hand you will develop ways and means of raising resources by being creative in your approach and on the other hand we shall develop more and more effective strategies to attain our goal of rendering humanitarian lives to more and more girls and help them regain their human rights.
With best regards,
President, Rescue Foundation
Our mission is to reinstate human rights to victims of human trafficking, trafficked from Bangladesh, Nepal and India who are sexually abused and are sold for forced prostitution.
Rescue Foundation, as the name suggests specializes in rescuing the unfortunate victims from the clutches of the anti-social elements in and around the country. We realized that merely rescuing them does not guarantee their reintegration in society. Our experienced investigators successfully manage to conduct in-brothel counseling to explain the benefits of enjoying human rights and obtain their consent to be rescued. But after rescue their trauma overburdens them and their negativity has to be converted to positive attitude so that they can sustain their lives with good health and reintegrate well in respectable society.
Providing necessary facilities, training & medical consultation to about 700 girls becomes a huge task for our organization. We carry out our duties with the help of 87 determinant and dedicated staff members spread over our three protective and rehabilitation homes and one office at Delhi for investigation and rescue.
The expertise gained in providing new lives to the young female generation has provided severe encouragement to us for extending our services to other cities like Delhi which have become attractive destinations for trafficking and forced prostitution.
The root of the success of Rescue Foundation is the combination of our grass root work and your support. Continuation of our combined efforts will surely go a long way towards the anti-trafficking measures needed by this region.
For the Safe Custody rehabilitation, we have established three protective homes and an office as under:
- Mumbai for 100 girls.
- Pune for 50 girls.
- An office at Delhi for Investigation, Rescue, Counseling & Repatriation.
- Thane (Boisar complex) for 150 girls established on 50 acre land consisting of facilities like Recovery Carte Center for HIV positive girls, training centre, biogas & vermicompost production units and agriculture.
Mission: To prevent and protect children and young adults from trafficking for sexual exploitation at various destination locations in India.
Aims & Objectives
- To investigate and rescue by decreasing the period of exploitation, torture and violence on children and young girls being trafficked into sex trade in Maharashtra;
- To ensure quality post rescue care and support services to the victims of sex trafficking through institutional care;
- To provide safe and protective environment to the girls in order to make them confident and enabling to seek justice in the court of law;
- Proper and quick prosecution and conviction of various actors involved in the trafficking and exploitation of the child/ girl.
- Prepare the girls to move from being a victim to a survivor by becoming socially, psychologically and economically self- sufficient and enabling;
- Appropriate reintegration and rehabilitation of the rescued survivor keeping both the best interests of the girl as well as her right to participation in decisions that impacts her life.
Rescue, Rehabilitation and Repatriation of victim girls/women/children of Human Trafficking who are sold for forced prostitution.
Investigation and Identification:
- We investigate and verify the identity & location of a particular missing complaint or investigation reports regarding existence of minor girls in a particular brothel, complain register by networking NGOs in India (West Bengal and Hyderabad), Nepal and Bangladesh.
- At the time of in-brothel counseling, one particular girl is identified or selected.
- At the time of rescue, we end up rescuing numerous girls as one particular girl counseled by us, in turn counsels her other friends in the brothel who become very willing to be rescued.
- Investigation is a very risky operation as if the investigator is recognized by the brothel keeper as a person associated with us, he gets mercilessly beaten up.
- Investigation is also a very lengthy operation as the investigator cannot visit the brothel frequently. Moreover he needs many visits to conduct in brothel counseling in order to gain trust of the victim.
- We conduct rescue raids accompanied by Police. This is a very risky operation.
- Many times due to leakage of information, mostly minor girls are hidden by the brothel keepers in the hidden cells. These cells are built into the walls and ceilings of the brothels. We locate such cells and liberate the girls hidden in the cells.
- After rescue, the rescued girls are produced in the court within 24 hours by the police.
- The court decides which girls to be handed over to Rescue Foundation for safe custody and rehabilitation.
- Once the girls are admitted to our Protective Home, an employed Doctor checks all the girls and treats them for the illness. Almost all are suffering from one disease or the other. They are then taken to a nearby hospital & laboratory for age verification and advanced consultancy & check-ups of blood, urine etc. if necessary.
- All the necessary medicines and consultations are given free of cost.
- Basic treatment for early stage HIV/AIDS is given by us but any advanced treatment is not possible as the cost of consultancy and medication is prohibitively expensive.
- We also are in the process of establishing a Recovery Care Centre for HIV girls at Boisar, 85 kms away from Mumbai for about 25 to 30 HIV patients.
- We file complaints in court of law and produce them as witnesses. Our employed lawyer assisted by probation officers manages the legal Issues.
- We have been successful in obtaining convictions for brothel keepers and traffickers involving jail sentence for seven years.
- Mock Trials are conducted to train the girls for court procedures and manners.
- Vocational Training is very important segment of rehabilitation. Besides the basic education, it includes training for Computer operating, Tailoring, Yoga, Crafts, Cooking, Clay making, and Beautician etc.
- We continuously train the girls for several profit making courses so that they can sustain themselves and support their families throughout life after they are repatriated.
- As these girls have undergone inhuman treatment in brothels to force them to prostitute and lose all their humans rights, they are so traumatized that they lose faith in mankind. Therefore they need psycho-social counseling by patient counselors in every stage in life.
- Mainly after the legal procedures are over we contact either their families or the respective NGO situated in the vicinity of their homes and repatriate the girls accompanied by our two staff members to either their homes or to source NGO. While repatriating we provide them with the day-to-day necessities of life so that they are not inconvenienced during the journey and immediately on reaching the destination.
- Girls that cannot be repatriated due to one reason or other are either absorbed by us or by source NGO or. We find suitable jobs for them in Mumbai.
Currently The Foundation has a Staff of about 88 members, including the president, a Project Executive, Advocates, Probation Officers, Counselors, Doctors and other administrative staff.
The beneficiaries are girls /women /children who are victims of Human Trafficking and are sold for forced prostitution. They have lost all faith on mankind due to the physical & mental Torture in the Brothels as well as intricate brain wash. They are underprivileged and most of them are illiterate.
Statistics from January to March 2015:
Number of Investigations: 97
Number of Rescue Raids: 12
Number of Rescued Girls: 87
Admitted to our Three Home (includes victim transferred from government homes / or by police): 104 + 1 (Child)
Repatriation of Victims (handover to Parents or Native Ngo): 87 + 1 (child)
Total no. of girls provided Vocational Training are as under:
- Formal Education : 29
- Yoga class : 121
- Craft & Painting : 19
- Tailoring class : 27
- Beauty Parlour : 15
- Computer class : 13
Total Number of Girls Provided with Medical treatment/Checkups:
- General Check up : 191
- T. B Check up : 24
- S.T.I (sexually transmitted Infection) : 08
- H.I.V : 01
- Hospital Visit : 51
- The Advocate. Of Rescue foundation Mrs. Seema Adate has provided Police Training on 27th March’ 2015 in Sangali SP Office on subjects ITPA, POCSO AND IPC and also explain them the constitutional rights of the victims. The training included how to conduct raid, pre-trap and post raid and which sections are applicable if the victim is minor, if major and forcefully then which sections to be applicable etc. Also new amendment in Sec. 370 of IPC has also been explained during the Police training.
- One of the major festivals of India, Holi is celebrated with enthusiasm and gaiety on the full moon day in the month of Phalgun which is the month of March as per the Gregorian calendar. Holi festival may be celebrated with various names and people of different states might be following different traditions. But, what makes Holi so unique and special is the spirit of it which remains the same throughout the country and even across the globe, wherever it is celebrated. Entire country wears a festive look when it is time for Holi celebration. Heaps of various hues of colors (gulal and abeer) can be seen on the roadside days before the festival. Pichkaris in innovative and modern design too come up every year to lure the children who wish to collect them as Holi memorabilia and of course, to drench everybody in the town.
- Collaboration with Justice and Care RF Conducted Medical camp for girls. 109 girls were provided with health checkups by Dr. Veda, Justice and Care
- 08 girls from Boisar Home are giving ongoing 10th exam.
- Our 95 girls attended Picnic Cum Personality development Shibir at Ram Krishna Math.
- A team of doctors from Magarpatta Municipal Hospital conducted an awareness programme of T.B on 27th March at Pune shelter home.
- Conducted various cultural programs, competitions and indoor games as part of International Women’s day on 8th march.
Delhi has a very large influx of minor and major girls trafficked from Nepal, Bangladesh and other parts of India. Delhi, which is Capital of India. A large number of tourists are visiting Delhi. Hence there is good demand of visitors, migrants and local people for sex tourism. This has presented an opportunity to perpetrators to supply minor girls trafficked from other areas, we have now started only investigation & rescue activities at Delhi on a moderate scale to begin with. We are in need to establish a protective home at Delhi as the condition and facilities in Government Homes are not good.
We shall also appreciate your recommending Rescue Foundation to other donors in U.S.A and abroad to strengthen our fund raising efforts.
We request that you kindly visit us. Your visit will enable you to assess our Progress first hand and visualize the opportunities Rescue Foundation has for achieving an enviable position in the field of anti human trafficking and forced prostitution.
our girls who will appear for (S.S.C) 10th exam
Holi Festival Celebration
Holi Festival Celebration
Holi Festival Celebration
Medical camp for girls
Medical camp for girls
Training to Police Department
Rescue Foundation in News