15th August Celebration & Cultural Event at Boisar
Dear Supporters & Well-Wishers,
Many thanks to you for joining hands with us in our journey and standing side by side with us to help mercilessly tortured girls who need our support to build new hope in their painful world and fill their lives with brightness.
Earnest thanks to you for supporting us. Together we have formed solitude to achieve regaining humanity. Nevertheless encountering day-today challenges were not easy as we had to put our lives in danger to achieve the goal. At the same time, your valued contribution has made achievement of goal possible. The fact that seeing smile and love on the faces of these tormented girls, all of us are feel that our efforts have been rewarded well
Our combined efforts of providing more resources and enlarging our endeavors in various different parts of our huge country shall make it possible for more girls to regain their dignity.
These unfortunate girls and children. For reaching such result we shall work in collective and effective way.
On one hand you will develop ways and means of raising resources by being creative in your approach and on the other hand we shall develop more and more effective strategies to attain our goal of rendering democratic lives to more and more girls and help them regain their human rights.
With best regards,
President, Rescue Foundation
Our organization recognizes gender and woman and child rights as a component of human rights. A gender responsive and a right-based approach is a vision and practice of development that ensures fundamental human entitlements – personal, social and economical - in ways that expand choices, and promote human well-being and empowerment. Therefore, a human rights orientation to trafficking must also be responsive to gender differences and disparities.
Rescue Foundation investigates the missing complaints of such girls and also keeps latest information about minor girls in the red light areas of Delhi, Mumbai and Pune. Once it has the evidence it conducts the rescue raids in the brothels and by order of the court it admits the girls into one of three Protective Homes that it runs. This is the most neglected field of work in India. Due to a rampant, deep rooted social stigma in our country, there are very few NGOs attempting to rescue girls from brothels. Rescue Foundation is the biggest NGO in India involved in rescuing about 400 girls annually.
Mission: To prevent and protect children and young adults from trafficking for sexual exploitation at various destination locations in India.
Aims & Objectives
- To investigate and rescue by decreasing the period of exploitation, torture and violence on children and young girls being trafficked into sex trade in Maharashtra;
- To ensure quality post rescue care and support services to the victims of sex trafficking through institutional care;
- To provide safe and protective environment to the girls in order to make them confident and enabling to seek justice in the court of law;
- Proper and quick prosecution and conviction of various actors involved in the trafficking and exploitation of the child/ girl.
- Prepare the girls to move from being a victim to a survivor by becoming socially, psychologically and economically self- sufficient and enabling;
- Appropriate reintegration and rehabilitation of the rescued survivor keeping both the best interests of the girl as well as her right to participation in decisions that impacts her life.
Currently The Foundation has a Staff of about 88 members, including the president, a Project Executive, Advocates, Probation Officers, Counselors, Doctors and other administrative staff.
The beneficiaries are girls /women /children who are victims of Human Trafficking and are sold for forced prostitution. They have lost all faith on mankind due to the physical & mental Torture in the Brothels as well as intricate brain wash. They are underprivileged and most of them are illiterate.
Statistics from July to September 2014:
Number of Investigations: 68
Number of Rescue Raids: 14
Number of Rescued Girls: 100
Admitted to our Three Home (includes victim transferred from government homes / or by police): 153 + 1 (Child)
Repatriation of Victims (handover to Parents or Native Ngo): 110
Total no. of girls provided Vocational Training are as under:
- Formal Education : 37
- Yoga class : 131
- Craft & Painting : 22
- Tailoring class : 29
- Beauty Parlour : 18
- Computer class : 14
Total Number of Girls Provided with Medical treatment/Checkups:
- General Check up : 256
- T. B Check up : 21
- S.T.I (sexually transmitted Infection) : 18
- H.I.V : 07
- Hospital Visit : 98
15th August Celebration & Cultural Event at Boisar Shelter Home.
India got independence on 15th august 1947, so the Independence Day is celebrated on the 15th august every year. In the early morning the flag is hosted by the Chief Guest in the complex. Our dear President gives the annual speech.
Every one sing national anthem of India which is JANA GANA MANA. Every one stand still for the national anthem of our country. On this day the great personalities who had important role in giving independence to India are remembered.
Independence Day ceremony has different dances & Acts performed by different girls. After the flag hosting different cultural events are performed by the girls. This celebration of the Independence Day induces patriotism in the hearts of citizens and also develops love in the hearts of all participants for the country.
Girls are future mothers of future generations and future generations imbibe the culture conveyed to them by their mothers. It is very necessary that such occasions are celebrated widely by all.
It not only induces love and affection for the country but also creates a sense of team spirit and respect for the patriots who have devoted their lives to the country.
The enthusiasm of our girls is very evident in arranging the flag hoisting ceremony and the cultural programme which is attended by the prominent social workers, political leaders, corporate and supporters. The cultural programme includes short dramas depicting social problems, lives of patriots etc. besides the patriotic songs and recitals. Our girls perform the entire cultural programme with unstinted enthusiasm and devotion.
Rakshabandhan is the festival of love, protection and devotion to a sister By tieing a knot on wrist a brother promises his sister to protect her whole life.
This has been proved by our local MLA, Shree Yogesh Sagar is celebrating Raksha bandhan with our Survivor girls at Rescue Foundation, which is highly appreciated.
- Due to our frequent Raids most of the brothels have split up into small groups & started operating their business from Small apartments, Massage parlors, Dance Bars & small Hotels near Highway (Dhaba), it becomes very difficult for our investigators to trace out a particular girl, as they keep on shifting minor girls from one place to another very frequently.
- Mass Rescue operation increases the flow of girls, we have to accommodate more survivor girls then our Protective Home licensed Capacity, this requires more staffs & Police Protection at our Shelter Home.
- Our Investigation Officer visits brothels at night to verify & do in brothel counseling to the missing girls. At that time they have to be very careful that their identity is not exposed to the brothel keepers. They personify themselves as clients. They also have to take photographs as evidence with hidden cameras. This often becomes extremely dangerous.
- Delhi has a very large influx of minor and major girls trafficked from Nepal, Bangladesh and other parts of India. Delhi, which is Capital of India. A large number of tourists are visiting Delhi. Hence there is good demand of visitors, migrants and local people for sex tourism. This has presented an opportunity to perpetrators to supply minor girls trafficked from other areas, We have now started only investigation & rescue activities at Delhi on a moderate scale to begin with. we are in need to establish a protective home at Delhi as the condition and facilities in Government Homes are not good.
We shall also appreciate your recommending Rescue Foundation to other donors in U.S.A and abroad to strengthen our fund raising efforts.
We request that you kindly visit us. Your visit will enable you to assess our Progress first hand and visualize the opportunities Rescue Foundation has for achieving an enviable position in the field of anti human trafficking and forced prostitution.
15th August Celebration & Cultural Event
15th August Celebration & Cultural Event at Boisar
celebrating Rakshabandhan festival