INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY
She makes the world bright, but still struggles to see light.
Rescue foundation was established to accelerate the progress on meeting needs of survivors. While rehabilitation we stand behind survivors equal participation in all aspects of their lives, focusing on five priority areas: enhance knowledge by providing formal and informal education, help them to upgrade their healthy, increase strength to face the world with legal aid program, self-realization and actualization by counseling and build a new confidence and economically sustainability by vocational training and providing jobs.
Our three protective homes is an actual home for them where they grow, achieve energy and strength to cope and face with the world. We not only help them to learn how to face and fight under critical circumstances but also we they learn how to nurture own self and live in harmony hence after.
Besides Challenge of identification of our investigators in the brothel or Attacks of perpetrators on us, we are still optimistic toward any risk to save innocent lives from the clutches of evil. It also strengthen us to develop more and more effective strategies to attain our goal of rendering humanitarian lives to more and more girls and help them regain their human rights.
With best regards,
President, Rescue Foundation
Mission: to prevent and protect children and young adults from trafficking for sexual exploitation, our mission is to reinstate human rights to victims of human trafficking, trafficked from Bangladesh, Nepal and India who are sexually abused and are sold for forced prostitution.
Rescue, Rehabilitation and Repatriation of victim girls/women/children of Human Trafficking who are sold for forced prostitution.
- Investigation and Identification.
- Health care.
- Legal aid.
- Vocational training.
- Psycho-social training.
Currently Rescue Foundation has a Staff of about 83 members, including the president, a Project Executive, Advocates, Probation Officers, Counselors, Doctors and other administrative staff.
The beneficiaries are girls /women /children who are victims of Human Trafficking and are sold for forced prostitution. They have lost all faith on mankind due to the physical & mental Torture in the Brothels as well as intricate brain wash. They are underprivileged and most of them are illiterate.
Statistics from 1st May to 31st August 2022 :
Number of Investigations: 31
Number of Rescue Operations: 52
Number of Rescued Girls: 229
Admitted to our Three Home (includes victim transferred from government homes / or by police): 277
Repatriation of Victims (handover to Parents or Native Ngo): 273
Total Number of Girls Provided with Medical treatment/Checkups:
- General Checkup : 277
- Hospital Visit : 63
- On the International Day of Yoga, we looked back and realized that we have crossed 1000 daily yoga sessions! We hope to keep up with the schedule as more and more girls reap the physiological benefits of the same. Across our four shelters in Mumbai, Pune, Boisar and Delhi, we celebrated the 21st of June with yet another session on Yoga and Meditation. Over the years, there has been an encouraging increase of inclination in the girls for these sessions.
- Over 95 girls have opted for the computer classes conducted in the shelters. They breeze through the course when they learn Microsoft word, but that's not the case with every lesson. A little bird told us, they just can't get enough of PowerPoint. We don't blame them; after all... who doesn't love animations?
- More than skin-deep beauty:- "Teacher! Guide us through a meditation again!", an eager class awaits an affirmative from the teacher of their beautician course. 120 girls attended the basic parlor course in the shelters and many completed it in June itself. It's no surprise that the girls learn what is taught with such ease and enthusiasm. In June, the teacher conducted short meditation and reflection sessions, during the course to ease the girls and help them learn better. The result is seen in their project books, where they pour out their creativity. The book serves as a reminder of all that they learn in class and also as a canvas for their artistic flight.
- Earlier in August, our girls got the opportunity to display their handmade products at an exhibition in Mumbai. Their enthusiasm soared as their creativity and skills received more spotlight. They came back to home to tell stories of Sold-Out products and unimaginable responses
- Ganesha's arrival to the chants of "Ganpati Bappa Morya!" was undoubtedly the month's highlight. The women and girls at the shelter spent days together planning and decorating for the upcoming festivities. Dressed in their best, they were set for the prayer with their worship bells
We shall also appreciate your recommending Rescue Foundation to other donors in U.S.A and abroad to strengthen our fund raising efforts.
We request that you kindly visit us. Your visit will enable you to assess our Progress first hand and visualize the opportunities Rescue Foundation has for achieving an enviable position in the field of anti-human trafficking and forced prostitution.
PROJECT EKATRA (A L L T O G E T H E R )
INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY
More than skin-deep beauty
Exhibition in Mumbai