Republic Day of India 2021
Interim Narrative Report IV - 2020
She makes the world bright, but still struggles to see light.
Rescue foundation was established to accelerate the progress on meeting needs of survivors. While rehabilitation we stand behind survivors equal participation in all aspects of their lives, focusing on five priority areas: enhance knowledge by providing formal and informal education, help them to upgrade their healthy, increase strength to face the world with legal aid program, self-realization and actualization by counseling and build a new confidence and economically sustainability by vocational training and providing jobs.
Our three protective homes is an actual home for them where they grow, achieve energy and strength to cope and face with the world. We not only help them to learn how to face and fight under critical circumstances but also we they learn how to nurture own self and live in harmony hence after.
Besides Challenge of identification of our investigators in the brothel or Attacks of perpetrators on us, we are still optimistic toward any risk to save innocent lives from the clutches of evil. It also strengthen us to develop more and more effective strategies to attain our goal of rendering humanitarian lives to more and more girls and help them regain their human rights.
With best regards,
President, Rescue Foundation
Mission: to prevent and protect children and young adults from trafficking for sexual exploitation, our mission is to reinstate human rights to victims of human trafficking, trafficked from Bangladesh, Nepal and India who are sexually abused and are sold for forced prostitution.
Rescue, Rehabilitation and Repatriation of victim girls/women/children of Human Trafficking who are sold for forced prostitution.
- Investigation and Identification.
- Health care.
- Legal aid.
- Vocational training.
- Psycho-social training.
Currently Rescue Foundation has a Staff of about 84 members, including the president, a Project Executive, Advocates, Probation Officers, Counselors, Doctors and other administrative staff.
The beneficiaries are girls /women /children who are victims of Human Trafficking and are sold for forced prostitution. They have lost all faith on mankind due to the physical & mental Torture in the Brothels as well as intricate brain wash. They are underprivileged and most of them are illiterate.
Statistics from 1st November 2020 to 31st January 2021 :
Number of Investigations: 29
Number of Rescue Raids: 12
Number of Rescued Girls: 90
Admitted to our Three Home (includes victim transferred from government homes / or by police): 137
Repatriation of Victims (handover to Parents or Native Ngo): 156
Total Number of Girls Provided with Medical treatment/Checkups:
- General Checkup : 137
- Hospital Visit : 41
- CHILDREN'S PARLIAMENT:- IN November month we organized second session of Children's Parliament in our Kandivali Home. It is an initiative by Rescue Foundation to support our girls in speaking their mind, develop their soft skills and talk about issues close to their heart. Girls shared their views about women and child rights, food security system, friendships and more. At the end of the session they were provided with certificates and their mentors received Letters of Appreciation for the hard work and efforts they put in to prepare our girls.
- INTERNATIONAL CHILD PROTECTION WEEK: - We organized Bal Mohatsav in our Kandivali Shelter Home on the occasion of International Child Protection Week. The week is observed to raise awareness about child rights issues, addressing the issues of child abuse and working towards building a child friendly environment.
- On January 26th, we celebrated the 72nd Republic Day of India. Each year this day is celebrated with great zeal and excitement with programs across all our homes.
- Healthcare is a vital part of our care and protection program. We aim to organize such camps on a regular basis as it helps us to intervene at an early stage and prevents any serious healthcare issue. Women and girls under our care and protection have been through traumatic sexual exploitation. Their living condition prior to the admission to Rescue Foundation was horrible. At our homes, we ensure their complete healthcare. This month we organized the Complete Blood Count test for our girls.
We shall also appreciate your recommending Rescue Foundation to other donors in U.S.A and abroad to strengthen our fund raising efforts.
We request that you kindly visit us. Your visit will enable you to assess our Progress first hand and visualize the opportunities Rescue Foundation has for achieving an enviable position in the field of anti-human trafficking and forced prostitution.
INTERNATIONAL CHILD PROTECTION WEEK
INTERNATIONAL CHILD PROTECTION WEEK