FIrstly, we are so grateful for all the donations towards our project, they have made a great impact already!
Here is what has happend since our last report:
- In December Romi's Way team collected clothing items to be donated to the families affected by the hurricane in October 2019 as well as to low income families in the Azores Island. We received alot of clothing in execllent condition and our volunteer team members folded and packed all items. People really made an effort with the donations and we were touched by the care they put in washing all items and making sure they looked nice and ready face a new home.
- We had a meeting with Caritas Portugal and agreed to partner on this support project, and agreed Caritas can receive the shipped items and arrange the distribution while providing Romi's Way some detials (including video and picture evidence) and feedback
- We have packed and shipped (see the video link attached to our facebook update) all items in January, but unfortunately the shipping process was not very smooth and the items have still not reached their final destinateion and the item are in Floris Island (as part of the Azores island group). After some intense follow up, they are now ready to be shipped to the final destination and be distributed
- We have distributed a survey asking about feelings and thoughts about climate change and its effects. Survey restuls are to be collected mid-MArch and report prepared by end of March (to be published in our next report!)
- We have used the GlobalGiving donations to various ways- mainly covering shipping costs, purchasing a legal stamp for Romi's Way, covering our monthly website and email costs, accounting fees and printing costs for the survey and advocay leaflets
We are exited and grateful for any and all support towards our work. More we receive, more we can do. We would love to reach 200 children and with sustained fundign we can open systematic project actiiteis for them in Central Portugal and in the Azores Islands. Thank you!