New Net Buddy Coronavirus Support Portal
One month ago, you made sure that Infinite Family’s South African teen mentees were not abruptly isolated and uninformed when their schools were closed for the National Lockdown. Your gift keeps our Net Buddy mentees in contact twice a day, 7 days a week, so we can answer their questions, reduce their fears and keep them focused on building skills that advance their education when school starts again. In addition, the new outreach portal you sponsored has given constant access to their families and friends for:
- Factual information about Coronavirus and Covid 19 and how to stay safe;
- Uplifting messages of inspiration from their Video Mentors, celebrities and many others; and
- Daily stimulating activities to keep their bodies and minds strong during this period of confinement.
Here are just a few of the comments we received as a result of your support:
- I really appreciate the info. Most of us are scared at this moment getting such a support it show that we are not alone. Thank you. – Awkhiwe
- This information is so helpful because I got to be informed about Covid-19. This was not only helpful to me but it was also helpful because I shared the information I received with others around me. -Zuzu
- I would like to thank the person/people who were so thoughtful to warn us about the symptoms. I AM REALLY THANKFUL. - Hope
And these are a few of the important questions and fears you allowed us to hear and respond to:
- How does quarantine assist in killing Covid 19?
- How do I differentiate between flu symptoms and Covid 19 symptoms?
- What will happen later in the future, will the virus be gone or will it wipe out half of the population on Earth?
As you can see, our Net Buddies live in communities without access to the role models and information they need to survive this pandemic and keep preparing for school and life success. You recognized that we are all in this together and filled this enormous gap!
We have a long way to go and life may never be the same again. Thanks to you, our Net Buddy mentees continue to build resilience, resourcefulness and responsibility, strengths they will always need to be successful in an uncertain future.
Please follow us @InfiniteFamily on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter if you wish to see the important content you make possible each day.
With deep appreciation,
Amy Conrad Stokes
Founder, President and CEO