Dear donor, please receive a warm greeting. We would like to start our report by expressing to you our sincere gratitude. Your donation is making a huge difference in the vulnerable communities of the Punta Cana destination through the improvement of the educational quality of this school
This and all the reports to follow will update you periodically on our progress and how your donation work in the community of Veron, eastern region of the Dominican Republic.
We are delighted to share with you the recent achievements.
We are very happy about the return of the students to the class rooms. Finally back to school !
During an emotional ceremony we celebrated the start of the 2021-2022 school year. The educational community (parents, students, teachers, employees) has expressed their joy for the reunion and the expected return to classes in face-to-face mode. Of course, we continue to comply with the health and safety protocols.
We began with optimism a school year of great expectations and challenges. We continue to bet on quality education and comprehensive training based on human values.
Although virtual education (due to the pandemic) allowed classes to continue to develop successfully, once this school year has begun it has been confirmed that the face-to-face education model has greater benefits in the learning of students. Presence is vital not only for learning, but for the development of social-emotional skills.
Other benefits of being present:
• Friendship ties are created and values such as companionship and solidarity are strengthened.
• Face-to-face classes stimulate motivation, generating positive emotions that combat stress and feelings of loneliness.
• In the classroom, all students have the same possibilities of approaching learning, there are no limitations due to poor internet connection or technical problems with digital platforms.
• The student has a more active role, where it is he (with the help of the teachers) who builds his knowledge and his own training, which is essential in the face-to-face model.
In the other hand, a few days ago we conducted a medical mission focused on ophthalmology together with “Center for Fighting Blindness” that performed (by using a mobile clinic) the basic examinations to detect ophthalmological pathology, 140 students were served and 25 were diagnosed with visual acuity disorders, who were referred to the aforementioned center (located in Veron) for a very low cost medical consultation.
Some new features in the facilities:
- The hospitality training workshops (cooking / bartender and waiter skills) have new mobile classrooms
- The doors and windows of the school have been improved in terms of security
Please see the pictures attached to this report..
In the upcoming months we will keep you updated on the progress of our project. If you have any comment, advice or question, please let us know and we will respond as best we can.
Thank you very much again for your support, we truly appreciate it !
Best wishes !