Hawk & Clovis crossed the Rainbow Bridge together
SUGAR’S GIFT™ NEWSLETTER FOR FEBRUARY 2022
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL SUPPORTERS AND DONORS!
This is a great big virtual hug and a giant THANK YOU for all your support during 2021 for Sugar's Gift™. We were more successful this year than any other, thanks to your generosity and kindness….and belief in our mission. 2022 will be another break-out year, so stay tuned!
REMEMBER, WHEN YOUR WORLD IS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN….
To those of you and others who have lost their Little Angels, remember when you are sad:
- They live in your heart forever. That thump, thump, thump that you have deep in your heart sometimes is just our babies’ tails wagging hard, telling us they are still with us. You may feel sad, anxious, tearful, and that thumping gets extra loud. But they are right there with us, telling us they love us, and they will always be there for us, just as we were always there for them.
- Look at pictures you have taken of your Little Angels. It can seem painful sometimes, but the tears we shed are also happy tears to see their bright, shining faces once again. We can remember good times, how much seeing those tails wagging when we walked in the door brightened up the whole day and how much those kisses in the morning, through the day and at night meant to us. And, yes, we wish we could feel those again. But we will.
- Think of them now, at the Rainbow Bridge with all of the other Little Angels, waiting for that special person – YOU – while they play again, healthy, happy, running and jumping. But, yes, they are sad, too, because they miss you so much. But they are waiting for you.
- Don’t dwell on the sad times at the end of their lives when they were not themselves any longer. Instead, know that you did everything you could to help them and keep them healthy for as long as you could. If you feel you kept them around just a little too long, think of it like this: As much as your baby loved you, he or she knew that you also needed to have their Rainbow Crossing stretched out a little bit since you weren’t ready for them to go yet. They knew that. They loved you no matter what.
- Last, we all second guess ourselves and say, “Did I do the right thing?” Let me reassure you and tell you that YES – you did the right thing. Please don’t live your life thinking that you should have waited…maybe this is just a “glitch” and she’ll come around….what if she isn’t as bad as I think….etc. None of wants to think that our babies have a journey to the Bridge. That is the hardest part of having a Little Angel. You did the right thing. Your baby relied on you to make those decisions for him or her, and they trusted you to the end of their life. You knew it was time. So, Yes, you did the right thing.
CLICK HERE TO DONATE
OUR MISSION – WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
Our mission is always worth repeating: Our mission is to provide euthanasia and end-of-life veterinary services for terminally ill pets in their own homes. We at Sugar's Gift™ do not charge for any of our services to help your terminally ill baby. Why? Our mission from the beginning has been all about the Little Ones, not about how much money someone has. We don't charge you on a sliding scale. We don't charge you based on your income. We believe this: Every one of you who has a terminally ill pet has something in common with all of us - the love for our pets, our companions, our Little Angels and the need to have them pass in the most comfortable surroundings. That is something sacred to us. We share that love and respect you for that love, as well. That is why we do not charge you for our services. It is the last Gift you can give your baby, and it is Sugar's Gift to both of you.
OUR PET OWNERS AND THEIR MESSAGES TO US….
Pet owners across this great country of ours describe Sugar’s Gift™ as “Bringing lasting peace to pets and their owners after a life full of love.” We offer a life-changing experience...our services extend far beyond the time and scope of the services we provide for you and your pet. We are here as a resource, an ear or a shoulder to cry on, an organization that will always be here for you and your furbabies. Some of our pet owners have described our client care service as unsurpassed. Read some of our testimonials here.
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!
With the challenges of COVID-19 across the country, we have been a bit challenged getting our new website up and running, but it will come soon! Thank you to all of you who have encouraged others to like us on Facebook….we have increased our followers to 1,487 as of today. We want to build even more Facebook Likes, so go here to Like Our Page and share this with your friends on: Facebook: www.facebook.com/sugarsgift We’ll make sure you’re the first to know all the good news we have for you. Our Instagram page will be updated and so will out Twitter page now, too! www.instagram.com/sugarsgift and www.twitter.com/sugarsgift.
WHAT WE NEED NOW FROM YOU
- We are still getting calls in our Sarasota/Bradenton location at the rate of 6-10 pet owners per day to help their beloved pets cross the Rainbow Bridge from home. It is wonderful that we can help so many, but that takes funding.....so we need more generous souls like you to help us pay for the expenses of each euthanasia and cremation for all these Little Angels. CLICK HERE TO DONATE
- Consider a donation up to $200 per month to help us help more Little Angels cross the Rainbow Bridge from home. Click here to go to the Monthly Donation Tab Page.
- If you work for or with a Corporation or Foundation, let us know. We would love to talk with them to form a partnership and help the Little Angels together. It would also help to know if they match employees' donations. (We are happy to speak with your Human Resources Department, if you would like us to inquire about this for you)
- We are looking to add experienced Members to our Board of Directors and to our Advisory Board. If you are interested, or know of someone who is, please contact Nikki at 941-320-1524 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have experience on another Board of Directors, preferably with a non-profit organization. There are other qualifications, but please email or call if you are interested. We are accepting applications nationwide.
WE ARE COMPILING A BOOK OF STORIES!
The pet owners whose pets Sugar's Gift™ has helped are giving us stories - either written stories, poetry, songs, about their pets' lives. We want to publish those stories and let others know what wonderful people and pets we have helped, and how we have helped them through their experience with Sugar's Gift™. If you are one of our terrific pet owners and we don't have your story yet.....get those pencils (or iPads) working overtime! We want to publish the first volume this year!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED –
NOW WE ARE READY TO USE YOUR TALENTS!
This is worth repeating, too - we are looking for Volunteers – our needs are growing, so please complete the Volunteer form on the website if you have a special skillset or have extra time on your hands. Our website has a few positions listed and we certainly have a need for various Administration positions, Website Manager, Social Media Team Members, Event Planners, and many more. And, if you just want to join us but don’t have anything in particular in mind, that is OK, too! Remember, though…..all positions are Volunteer, not paid. That is one reason our overhead rate is at 2-5% and it will stay there. We are very cognizant of our costs. We want your dollars to go to our mission, not our overhead expenses.
So, when we say every dollar counts…..EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS. CLICK HERE TO DONATE
To all of you, go hug those babies of yours and give them one extra one from us! Have a wonderful, SAFE, peaceful, prosperous 2022!
Sugar’s Gift™ is the only non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization in the country whose mission is to help terminally ill pets cross over the Rainbow Bridge from home with comfort, dignity and peace.
Please give generously.....monthly, annually, whatever suits your budget. All the other Little Angels need us....and we need you. Thank you.
We apologize, in advance, if you receive a duplicate of this report. We are sending this through our email server, too, so you may get 2 of the same reports. Just simply forward one to someone you feel would like to read it! Thank you.
Jack & Kelso are both angels now...
Kali was her Mom's sweetheart - she is missed
Kammie has left hole in her Mom's heart....
Luna was loved so much my her whole family....
Malie is 1 of 3 her family lost in 2 years....