| Dec 20, 2023
THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
SUGAR AND NIKKI
THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF OUR WONDERFUL SUPPORTERS AND DONORS!
This is not a solicitation, nor a fundraising drive, nor a plea for matching funds donations…
Rather, this is a great big virtual hug and a giant THANK YOU for all your support during 2023 for Sugar's Gift. We were more successful this year than any other, thanks to your generosity and kindness….and belief in our mission. 2024 will be another break-out year, so stay tuned!
We had so much support on our 2 fund-matching days in 2024 - July 20 and Giving Tuesday on December 28. And, many of your donate monthly to us, which not only gives us bonuses, but helps us with cash flow every month. Thank you, as well, for all of your wonderful reviews on Google, Next Door and other places - from the bottom of our hearts:)
As always, to those of you and others who lost their Little Angels in 2023 (or before), remember when you are sad:
- They live in your heart forever. That thump, thump, thump that you have deep in your heart sometimes is just our babies’ tails wagging hard, telling us they are still with us. You may feel sad, anxious, tearful, and that thumping gets extra loud. But they are right there with us, telling us they love us, and they will always be there for us, just as we were always there for them.
- Look at pictures you have taken of your Little Angels. It can seem painful sometimes, but the tears we shed are also happy tears to see their bright, shining faces once again. We can remember good times, how much seeing those tails wagging when we walked in the door brightened up the whole day and how much those kisses in the morning, through the day and at night meant to us. And, yes, we wish we could feel those again. But we will.
- Think of them now, at the Rainbow Bridge with all of the other Little Angels, waiting for that special person – YOU – while they play again, healthy, happy, running and jumping. But, yes, they are sad, too, because they miss you so much. But they are waiting for you.
- Don’t dwell on the sad times at the end of their lives when they were not themselves any longer. Instead, know that you did everything you could to help them and keep them healthy for as long as you could. If you feel you kept them around just a little too long, think of it like this: As much as your baby loved you, he or she knew that you also needed to have their Rainbow Crossing stretched out a little bit since you weren’t ready for them to go yet. They knew that. They loved you no matter what.
- Last, we all second guess ourselves and say, “Did I do the right thing?” Let me reassure you and tell you that YES – you did the right thing. Please don’t live your life thinking that you should have waited…maybe this is just a “glitch” and she’ll come around….what if she isn’t as bad as I think….etc. None of wants to think that our babies have a journey to the Bridge. That is the hardest part of having a Little Angel. You did the right thing. Your baby relied on you to make those decisions for him or her, and they trusted you to the end of their life. You knew it was time. So, Yes, you did the right thing.
To all of you, go hug those babies of yours and give them one extra one from us! Have a wonderful, SAFE, peaceful, prosperous 2024!