BEF highlight of key accomplishments thus far for School Year 2020 - 2021
- For the current school year, the Benin Education Fund, in addition to scholarships, rented three (3) additional community houses for the students that recently graduated from secondary school and moved to the university. In Total, for the current school year, 2020 – 2021, we are providing housing for 50 university students, including 15 female students.
- Our housing budget has significantly increased compared to previous years.
- Since 2018, a special program, BEF has created a new special program aimed recruiting our past drop out former beneficiaries and enrolling them in vocational schools, including engineering on renewable power energy, and information technology. For this year alone, 4 students are enrolled in such schools.
- Our program has focused more STEM, including mechanical, engineering (civil and electrical) fields.
- BEF also provided relief to 50 households economically affected by the COVID-19 pandemic by supplying food and cash transfers.
See complete report in the attachment.Attachments: