Help 150 rural Uganda women with employment skills

by Foundation for Inclusive Community Help (FICH)
Help 150 rural Uganda women with employment skills
Help 150 rural Uganda women with employment skills
Help 150 rural Uganda women with employment skills
Help 150 rural Uganda women with employment skills
Help 150 rural Uganda women with employment skills
Help 150 rural Uganda women with employment skills

Project Report | Nov 3, 2023
Women's bakery for community & social impact in rural Uganda

By Emmy Zoomlamai | Director

Women Producing Karacel Cake
Women Producing Karacel Cake

The Karacel Bakery & Training Center social enterprise prioritizes program sustainability and positive outcomes for women. The primary goals include relocating the bakery to a larger town, allocating 40% of profits to FICH-managed programs for women and girls, and offering business training. These strategies provide significant opportunities for business growth and impact. The focus remains on refining product offerings to enhance program sustainability. By leveraging revenue generation, cost management, internal leadership development, and expanding the customer base, particularly among Small and Medium Entrepreneurs, the aim is to ensure financial sustainability and amplify the program's impact.

The Community partnership of Karacel has been involved since its beginning. We're arranging staff and volunteer sessions to strategize a significant fundraising campaign during this festive season, aiming to hit our target. Initiatives like Giving Tuesday on November 28 are part of our plan, and we kindly seek your assistance in spreading the word to your network. Karacel Bakery uplifts household incomes and equips women with crucial job skills. Our product range (soya flour, cake, and bread) benefits the community—soya flour, rich in protein, aids in preventing child malnutrition. Making these products accessible to the local community ensures more nutritional food for families. Moreover, 40% of our bakery's profits support women and girls through FICH programs, with the remaining 60% reinvested in the business and employee development.

The Karacel Bakery & Training Center has meaningful social impact, aiding individuals in self-improvement. We partner with a generous community to uplift vulnerable rural women, often deprived and oppressed due to gender inequality, lacking formal education or skills to start businesses.

Our visibility locally and internationally has led to valuable friendships, support, mentorship, and a path to sustainability. In the coming months, our focus is on increasing ambassadors, volunteers, in-kind support, and financial contributions to ensure Karacel Bakery & Training Center fully functions after the COVID-19 lockdown, creating the desired impacts.

We deeply appreciate your support and strongly seek your ongoing help to meet all our targets at Karacel Bakery.

Karacel Cake Packed
Karacel Cake Packed


Share on Twitter Share on Facebook

About Project Reports

Project reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you can recieve an email when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports without donating.

Sign up for updates

Organization Information

Foundation for Inclusive Community Help (FICH)

Location: KAMPALA, Oyam - Uganda
Facebook: Facebook Page
Project Leader:
Emmy Zoomlamai Okello
Oyam , Oyam Uganda
$210 raised of $180,000 goal
6 donations
$179,790 to go
Donate Now
Donating through GlobalGiving is safe, secure, and easy with many payment options to choose from. View other ways to donate

Foundation for Inclusive Community Help (FICH) has earned this recognition on GlobalGiving:

Help raise money!

Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence


Woman Holding a Gift Card
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle

Get incredible stories, promotions, and matching offers in your inbox

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.