The project provides Affordable, Accessible and Quality health care to under-served/disaster hit communities in remote areas of Pakistan by unleashing the power of internet and mobile based technologies. This is the first of its kind project in rural Mardan district where free healthcare services are extended to the poor and needy using ICT. Over 50,000 patients are treated annually off which 90% live below the poverty line.
Pakistan is facing inadequate and inefficient primary health care facilities in rural/remote areas mainly due to the unavailability of doctors and lack of resources. The government hospitals are mostly overburdened, expensive, distant, understaffed and badly run, hence fails to reach and provide health services to many people in remote areas. The proposed system aims to bring quality and affordable healthcare to vulnerable and poor people of the resource challenged areas .
This innovative Tele Healthcare system utilizes Web, SMS, and data services to share and efficiently extend medical advice to Rural Health Workers (RHWs) in the field by connecting them to a network of specialists in cities of Pakistan and abroad. It will empower RHWs the and local women on healthcare issues and can be easily replicated to the rural communities including disaster hit areas of Pakistan.
- The resource challenged communities will have access to the quality healthcare with otherwise is the biggest challenged especially during disasters.
- It will help in the reducing the maternal and infant mortality rate (currently highest than national average in mardan).
- Skill enhancement of LHWs.
- Increased Awareness to community on the preventable methods by empowering the local community.
- Reduce the untimely deaths, complication and increase prevention of pandemic diseases.