| Apr 22, 2021
Elderly services during Covid-19 pandemic
During the Covid-19 pandemic Proyecto La Nueva Esperanza continued providing services to our elderly participants from 58 to 94 years old living in San Antonio and nearby areas. Most of them are living alone or with poor family support, physical limitations, bedridden sick or with chronic health conditions.
The activities during the period from January to March 2021 were:
1. Delivered 1,970 meals at the elderly homes. The menus were varied and healthy so they can get balanced nutrients. A housekeeper visits those in great need during the week.
2. The nurse went to 46 participant homes to monitor their health conditions, how they were managing their medications, and provided hygiene orientation and nutritional education.
3. Provided transportation in our official vehicle to their medical appointments, pharmacy, supermarket, governmental agencies, and to get the Covid-19 vaccines. With the participant authorization we were able to get them official documents, prescriptions, medicines, and laboratory results.
4. We purchased and delivered a fridge to a participant.
5. We were able to distribute boxes of drinking water, groceries, and medical articles for those in need because of their health condition.
6. Continue the distribution of the Covid-19 prevention kit containing hand sanitizer, face masks, face shield, and alcohol.
7. A participant was living in subhuman conditions and we were able to build him a room which made him very happy and grateful. Another participant living in similar conditions was moved to a nursing home.
Our services have been non-stop in order to keep our elderly in good health condition and to provide for their basic needs, especially emotional support as they feel that someone takes care of them in this critical period. We really appreciate the support of GlobalGiving and our donors who make all this possible.
Participant with meal and prevention kit
Participant - Covid vaccine
Participant #2 - Covid vaccine
Participant with new fridge
Housekeeper cooking for participant
Housekeeper cleaning for participant
Participant with drinking water gallons
Transportation to the supermarket
Participant old room
Participant in new room
Participant new room interior
Participant with prevention kit