The last 2018 quarter Proyecto La Nueva Esperanza was able to continue with activities for the benefit of 50 elderly participants from the Disaster Recovery Program. During this period we delivered 2,165 meals, distributed nutritional drinks twice, water bottles once and water filters. Christmas presents and special meal was prepared to share the joy of this season.
We bought products so the cook could prepare the meals and the driver distributed them. The donations help us to cover the payroll for them. Our old Ford vehicle who is the one used to deliver the meals had problems with the front bulbs. New bulbs were purchased and other minor repairs had to be made. The kitchen was fumigate to keep it vermin free.
These were the accomplishments during the quarter:
1. Recruitd three (3) new elderly participants.
2. Nurse reports showed that the elderly participants health has been improving after the traumatic hurricane experience.
3. Water bottles and water filters were distributed to the elderly to prevent epidemic diseases.
4. Follow up showed that the elderly their nutritional needs were covered.
5. During this period we reached our goal to improve the living conditions of the elderly.
Year 2018 was a difficult one but thanks to all our donors we were able to continue providing services to the elderly. Our personnel and the elderly appreciate that even with different problems after the hurricane, Proyecto La Nueva Esperanza was able to provide to their needs.
Participant #4 with nurse