Apply to Join

Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics

by Fundacion Quiros Tanzi
Play Video
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics
Empower Costa Rican girls in technology & robotics

Summary

Our Project "Ellas Programan" is an initiative that is based on the need to look for opportunities to include girls to knowledge and learning, the Quiros Tanzi Foundation perceives a lack in the number of women who enter professionally in these areas , when we review the participation rates at the level of our country, it is worrisome to see that when it comes to technology and robotics issues, women have a 20% participation with respect to the remaining 80% or more by men.

$45,000
total goal
$34,239
remaining
45
donors
0
monthly donors
1
fundraiser
1
year

Challenge

Gender roles are very marked even in our society and many professional positions and their tasks are reflected as "facts for them" and there is no female position that strongly debates such proposal. In our robotic workshops in schools of every 10 participants in programs, 8 members are children and only 2 are girls, of which only 1 completes the learning process.

Solution

We believe that our initiative should focus on changing minds at an early age that will lead them to a different path with future impact, "Ellas Programan" is an initiative created by the Quiros Tanzi Foundation to awaken the interest of pre-school, primary and adolescent girls. about how to achieve? Integrate technology into their lives as a fundamental tool in their daily performance.

Long-Term Impact

Awaken the knowledge of girls capable of achieving much in their favor, not only by growing up, learning and putting their knowledge into practice, but by being a role model for many girls. We believe that this type of initiatives are replicable because they not only impact families but also communities, a family that has a mother with knowledge in technology can develop in their children the confidence and initiative to achieve all their goals by motivating not only the study of their children.

Additional Documentation

This project has provided additional documentation in a PDF file (projdoc.pdf).

Resources

http:/​/​www.fundacionqt.org/​
Girls in technologywith partner Parque La Libertad
Girls in technologywith partner Parque La Libertad

Organization Information

Fundacion Quiros Tanzi

Location: Alajuela - Costa Rica
Website:
Facebook: Facebook Page
Twitter: @FundQuirosTanzi
Project Leader:
Gabriela Gonzalez
Alajuela, San Rafael Costa Rica

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence

Snorkeler
Our
Impact

Woman Holding a Gift Card
Give
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle
GlobalGiving
Guarantee

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.