Support to 18 Years Old Rape Victim and Her Son
Activity 1: Support for Victims and Survivors of Rape (Amount raised = $955 at https://www.globalgiving.org/fundraisers/33674/)
The $955 that came in as donations were meant to assist our Founder/CEO Emily Miki after her rape incident on the 4th breaking 5th of March, 2020 to purchase some of the working items which were stolen from her like her phones, laptop etc. She also decided to have the organisation start a Support Fund for Victims and Survivors of Rape. From the funds donated she has been able to buy 2 new phones, 2 desktop computers and we have provided assistance to 2 girls who were raped; 1 a 13 years old and the other an 18 years old who got pregnant as a result of the rape incident.
Attached are pictures of the above-mentioned.
Activity 2: Prevent the Spread of COVID19 by Education (Amount raised = $80 at https://www.globalgiving.org/fundraisers/33836/)
The $80 raised had as goal to support our COVID19 response campaign at DMF. Thanks to the donations and other donations we have been able to;
- Distribute over 1000 free re-usable face masks
- Train in 3 villages on how to produce locally made hand sanitizers
- Run social media awareness campaigns on the prevention of the spread and management of cases of COVID19
- Host several virtual conversations on COVID19 and it's impact on peacebuilding efforts and other key development agendas
- Provide consultative contributions in policy and advocacy processes.
Storytelling4Advocacy of 13 Years Old Rape Victim
Ongoing Mentorship for Young Women Leaders
Storytelling for Advocacy on Women's Rights Issues
#HerVoiceMyVoice Stories Collection for Policy.
Mentorship for Adolescent Girls and Young Women
#YouthInThePicture Programme Activities
Phones Purchased from Support