| Aug 12, 2016
Children Education Report
By Dr. T. Ravi Kumar | Director
ARVPresident interactingwith students at Perikeedu
Glad to share our report for all the supporters through Global giving. Wonderful opportunity was given by Global giving through photo contest which being spread was allowed us to approach multiple supporters to vote for us. Though our Photo was not the prize but the message was spread to many of our well wishers. Thanks for all the people who casted vote for our children picture in the contest.
- On 12th June 2016, ARV team visited kandrika center and interacted with the children in the center. Examined their progress and motivated the dull students to study more and attend the classes regularly. The students said that they will attend regularly and study well.
- On 14th July 2016, ARV distributed school supplies to 64 children in Perikeedu in our children education center. All the children felt happy and expressed their happiness. On 26th July 2016, ARV team visited the student’s houses individually and interacted with the parents and the children. Given the scholarships to 17 children with the help of Robin Chow from Taiwan. The parents are very happy with the scholarship and said that ARV has reduced the burden and now we are able to buy books, bags and the necessary things for school with the scholarship.
- On 16th July, ARV distributed school supplies in Chevuru village for 68 children in our children education center. The Mandal Education officer Mr. Subramanyam visited the center and motivated the children. He said that this center is giving very good scope for the children to clarify their doubts as well as get good marks. This type of centers should be established in other villages also so that more students will get benefitted. Previous students who passed 10th grade also attended and motivated the children to study well and thanked ARV for their good grade in 10th class and only because of this child education center they are able to join in college and learned the importance of education.
- On 21st July 2016, ARV distributed school supplies in Machilipatnam center. Mr M.J Sudhakar, Maths Lecturer & NCC Officer from Noble college visited the center and motivated the children to study well and take the inspiration of Great leaders and become good citizens of the country. For that the children has to study well and get good marks. Children felt very inspired with his words and children expressed that they will fix a goal and study well and become great leaders in future. Distributed school supplies to 58 children. ARV teacher interacted with the parents and children who are living in slum area in Machilipatnam town. Organising children with motivation to bring them back to the school. We are putting efforts with the local government authorities to change their lives.
Fee paid for 1 child who was dropped from going to school: A boy named Maddela Naga Venkateswar rao, 10th class is a drop out student from Aadarsh nagar in Machilipatnam. Her father Late Ramaswamy, expired due to electrical shock, Mother Satyavathi and having a sister Raghupathamma is studying IX Class. Mother is the only person to earn money, she collects the hair and prepare local wigs and sell them. Since the boy was absent for many days to attend the tutoring center ARV teacher met her parents and noticed their financial problem. ARV counseled the child and also parent to again rejoin in the school. ARV joined the student in St Francis telugu medium high school and paid the school fees, provided bag and books to go to school. Now he is going regularly to school.
- Student named Shaik Hussain gort cash award of Rs. 500/- from his school St Francis Telugu medium school management for his good performance securing 574/600 marks in his studies in 9th class.
- G.Naga Phani, student of 8th class got cash award of Rs. 2000/- for getting school first in his studies from SKHUP school.
- Katari Dhanunjay got cash award of Rs. 200/- for getting class first in the school from RCM school.
ARV is indeed thankful to Christine Kai Ru for the support of school supplies for 250 children. We also thankful for Easyn Lyn and other volunteers for their continuous support through Global giving.
The print media impressed with the work of ARV and published in newspapers.
ARV teacher visiting the slum area
Distribution of school supplies at Chevuru
Distribution of school supplies at Machilipatnam
Interaction with parents at Perikeedu
Interaction with the parents
MEO with the children in Chevuru
Maddela Naga Venkateswar Rao
Print media publication