Post on EWEI Online
EWEI Online, our online community for horizontal learning, exchange and mentorship, has in the last quarter, maintained activities online.
In the month of December 2020, we discussed Gender Based Violence in conjunction with the 16 Days of Activism Awareness campaign and focused on the following topics:
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Domestic Violence
- The Need to Speak Out.
We also shared some videos of different community members campaigning against Gender Based Violence.
Also in December, we discussed Self Reflection and focused on:
- Growing from setbacks
- Developing resilience
- Having a vision board and planning for the year ahead
In January 2021, we ushered the ladies into the New Year with the topic Leading Ladies and we discussed the following:
- Leadership and what it entails and who did it (Celebrating women in their various fields)
- Problems, setbacks and how to overcome them.
- Resilience in Leadership
- Women Leadership in Nigeria/challenges faced (challenges of being a woman as it relates to Nigeria specifically)
- What not to do and how to stand out as a woman in leadership in Nigeria
We further celebrated women in leadership by inviting an Academy leader (Diana Osagie) to speak to 56 ladies at our January Special Online Event tagged “Developing Resilience and Growing from Setbacks for Women Leaders”
In February, we discussed Women and Advocacy for Change. We went ahead to further discuss the following:
- What is Advocacy/Activism?
- Identifying the problems (Feminist Coalition as case study)
- Bringing about change/forming a network of women advocates
- Challenges in Advocacy and how to overcome them.
The Report features a link to a 16 Days of Activism Poll carried out in two communities and analytics of engagement over the three month reporting period.