To foster improved relationships between different communities and lessen polarization in the state of Gujarat to build social justice, peace and harmonious co-existence between conflicting groups.
1) Bridging the gap between people belonging to different religions;
2) Build conflict resolution mechanisms within the community;
3) Build platforms for joint interactions, dialogues, and get-togethers;
4) Enhance the skills of children from both the communities in the area of Education, arts, culture, sports etc;
5) Enhance civil society participation;
6) Encouraging voluntarism to facilitate the process of social reconciliation through increased community participation
1) Networking of Community Based Organizations, Human Rights Defenders, Civil Society Participants, Social Change Organizations working on peace initiatives & victims of communal (ethnic) conflicts
Peace and harmony reigns, bringing people closer through increased acceptance, understanding and respect for each other. Development of peace mechanisms that would counter violent forces. Restoration of Human Rights values and establishment.
This project has provided additional documentation in a Microsoft Word file (projdoc.doc).