New Life's School in Ghana
We are now just over a year into the pandemic and we cannot thank you enough for your support for Children's Helpers Worldwide. The needs at our partner organisations greatly increased but with your help, it has been possible to continue to support the children and young people.
Since the pandemic started, these are the main needs we have been responding to:
1. Extra assistance for organisations offering a home and shelter to children;
2. Programmes set up during the lockdown to assist with food and other basic needs;
3. Resources for delivering education programmes online;
4. Sponsoring of items and equipment needed to safely reopen schools and education centres.
Many of the needs are ongoing, such as the food programmes and the extra assistance needed for organisations offering a home and shelter to children.
Just last week alone, your donations through this project page have helped with the following:
- Continuing to support a food programme in South Africa;
- Assisting a centre in Argentina, for children aged 0 to 5, who have been removed from their families due to abuse or neglect, by supporting caregivers and also treatment for a child;
- Helping to resolve an issue with the water at a school and centre in Ghana.
Natalia at the centre in Argentina said, "Thank you for continuing to join with us and take care of our children."
The school in Ghana is run by New Life and your contributions have helped with various projects during the past year, including helping with new desks, chairs and tables for the school. Before the pandemic, New Life had asked for help with this, as more and more children were attending the school. With all the new health and safety protocols, it became a necessity, as children could no longer be allowed to crowd around the desks.
Primary schools in Ghana have been open since January and your support allowed this school to be able to safely reopen. The director, Derrick, thanked everyone who donated through CHW for their help and said it is so good that people want to donate towards the projects to help the children there.
A big thank you to you for caring about the children and for supporting them during this very challenging year.
Artwork by a child at the centre in Argentina
Food programme in South Africa
Some of the chairs and desks arriving at New Life
New desks and chairs at New Life's school
New tables and chairs at New Life's school