Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth

by Society for Poor People Development (SPPD)
Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth
Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth
Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth
Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth
Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth
Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth
Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth
Bringing livelihood to 1200 poor rural youth
Oct 19, 2020

Skill training to youth in COVID19

The major part of this year being spent in lockdown situation due to corona crisis in our working areas too like in other parts of the country. This has been badly affecting t the youngsters of poor backgrounds who form the vast majority of the population here.

SPPD has been trying its best to keep the youngsters alive to the vital importance of youth to equip themselves with required skills for their livelihood and long term career prospects.

During the last three months extensive sensitization has been carried out on the need for them to switch to Online mode of education for acquiring the skills as it has become inevitable and the only option in the given circumstances. We focused on bringing in the required attitudinal change among youngsters on this. But only30 students could be enrolled in to vocational skill training courses so far.

The absence and non affordability to own android enabled phones among the youth here has proved to be one of the major handicaps in making the youngsters to take to online mode of skill trainings. Only 30% of the target youth could be covered during the three months period and the remaining 70% are to be covered still.

And SPPD is not in a position to help the youth in this regard as already there is extreme financial crunch and the GlobalGiving assistance receivable too remain blocked for long as well.

But as part of preventing the psychological condition from going down   among the youngsters SPPD has been sending bulk messages and voice messages etc. These include on the imperative need for attitudinal change for youngsters to prepare them for alternative channel of education and skill training.

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook

About Project Reports

Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.

Get Reports via Email

We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.

Organization Information

Society for Poor People Development (SPPD)

Location: Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu - India
Facebook: Facebook Page
Twitter: @sppdonline
Project Leader:
Raju Joseph
Musiri, Tamil Nadu India
$23,962 raised of $32,000 goal
332 donations
$8,038 to go
Donate Now
Please note: We expect that there will be significant delays in getting funds to this project. Learn more
Donating through GlobalGiving is safe, secure, and easy with many payment options to choose from. View other ways to donate

Society for Poor People Development (SPPD) has earned this recognition on GlobalGiving:
Add Project to Favorites

Help raise money!

Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence


Woman Holding a Gift Card
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.