Thanks again for the support!
It’s important for ESCAPE to be able to provide specialized services to children and their families in Puerto Rico to address and prevent post-traumatic stress disorders resulting from Hurricane Maria and to minimize the occurrence of child abuse and family violence. At first, with the initial $50,000 donation, the specialized professionals will provide psychosocial services, with an emphasis in skills building, crisis intervention and service coordination, to 200 children and their families in the metropolitan area.
The $50,000 donation was disbursed on April 19, 2019. From April 20 to June 30 the organization implement 60% of the first two phases of the project: planning and start up period. In these phases the project team was recruited and formed, resources were brought together, and the plan was revised.
During the next quarter (July to September) the following activities will be implemented as part of the Project:
- Project team will be trained
- Documents and procedures related to the project will be finished
- Community alliances will be formalized
- Marketing and social marketing materials and strategies will be developed and disseminated
- Screening, assessment and intake process will initiate
- Psychological and case management services will be provided including support and follow-up
- Data collection will initiate
- Constant program monitoring and support through case discussions and supervision will be developed
Thanks again for making it possible to offer, for free, such an important mental health service on the island.