This RELIEF PROJECT aids both the needy flood victims with emergency life-packs (daily necessities e.g. dried foods) as well as victims who face imminent cold weather - by aiming to provide 1500 families with warm clothing / blankets to protect them from sicknesses due to chilly climate.
Every year about 39 of Thailand's provinces experience flash floods of up to 3 metres, causing massive destruction of homes and farmlands,affecting 6 million people.Following that is the cold season which usually see a drastic drop in temperatures esp in the North, North-Eastern and Hilly areas from October till February. This project seeks to reach those who have been "missed out" in the disaster relief outreach by directly working with local grassroots leaders who know their own people well.
The project will provide
1) immediate relief to victims by giving emergency life packs (includes food and other daily necessities) to evacuees,
2) 1500 financially needy families affected by 5 months of cold weather with blankets so that the most vunerable targets like young children and elderly will be protected from diseases associated with the cold climate.
3) help to at least 10 affected homes with repairs after the floods, so that the family go back to safe shelter
1) 1500 families will be protected from the cold and kept from the ill-effects of cold weather on their health, especially the young children and the elderly. This will reduce financial and emotional burdens on the bread winner in the families
2) 10 families can be in safe living quarters, giving them security, so that they are free to restart their lives afresh to further provide for their families' needs