| Oct 2, 2018
Stay tuned: our new project is live!
By Prof. Dr. Mariluz Hernandez, Santiago Galeano | Member of the board
We want to use this last report to thank you, our donors, who constantly supported us in our first project ever partnering with GlobalGiving: "1800 young in Medellín sensitized to HIV: a hope"
It is thanks to your generous donations that the SiFuturo Foundation received over 6000 USD in donations since the year 2015. During that time, we were able to meet all the goals we set this project that began its implementation phase in 2016. Here a short recap of the activities we were able to drive:
- We managed to reach 1950 students with face-to-face workshops on HIV, STDs and sexual and reproductive health.
- We designed an itinerant educational exhibition (Know and decide) with and for young people. We impacted 5907 young people in various educational institutions in the city of Medellín.
- We made our first call to artists for the first version of the artistic exhibition "HIV: a look through art", which was exhibited for a month together with Comfenalco Antioquia and had more than 3500 attendees
- We are happy with the achievements and teachings we had thanks to this project, which would not have been possible without your support.
After all this achievements, it makes sense for us to give this project a closure and move forward with our next challenge. For that aim, we need your help!
We would like to invite you to continue accompanying us in our next project partnering with GlobalGiving: "EDUCATING ONE PERSON, SAVES MANY FROM HIV", which will be aimed at young people from the surrounding, underprivileged rural areas near Medellín.
The goals of this new project include:
- Reaching 1500 young people with direct workshops,
- Take our educational exhibition "Know and decide" to various educational institutions in these surrounding municipalities
- Make a new call for artists for the second version of the exhibition "HIV: A look through art",
- Design an educational video that we can continue sharing with various educational institutions.
We launched this project only 22 days ago and we are still far from reaching our goals. We would very much appreciate your help and feel free to share the project with your friends and family!
We have seen our hope for 2015 come true: today we have many more young people sensitized about the HIV infection and who will be protected thanks to your help, but...we still have a lot of work to do!
Go check the video of this new project here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-nejupwUgU&t=9s